Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer Instinct

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The fighting game series that defined high-risk, high-reward combos returns as a free-to-play launch title for the Xbox One, later receiving constant updates with new characters and game modes. It can also be played on Windows 10 systems with cross-platform multiplayer.

Season 3 changes

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

There are a heck of a lot of changes coming and Keits and co showed them off over the weekend. So much so that it took over 2 hours to go through all the changes. If you haven't got that long, you can find a full rundown here.

If that wasn't enough, there was also the unveiling of Kim Wu. Check out the trailer below and Halo fans may want to watch the last 20 seconds.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

You know Wu's lines in the trailer and cheesy as hell but I can dig the Buffy vibe. That along with the addition of the Arbiter makes me pretty sure that'll I'll end up buying the season. I'm not even that into fighting games but after buying the complete collection that included 1 and 2 when it was on sale, I just enjoy the kind of crazy feel the game has.

I do wish there was a bigger story mode like Mortal Kombat but I'll admit that I'm not sure the cheesy characters would be able to sustain one.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big fan of Wu's moveset and am real interested to see how it feels whenever I manage to get my hands on it. Which will probably be whenever season 3 launches in March.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew2696: I wonder if they end up doing the story stuff later down the line. Season 2 seemed like it was about IG showing that they're taking over so here's our take and they delivered. For S3, it seems like they're just changing a bunch of shit about how the game is even played while adding more content and characters. Throughout S3, we could see them making changes here and there but for S4, BAM, here's our story mode. MK9 knocked it out of the park so hard with the story stuff though that they even set themselves up too much that people were disappointed with MKX.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mrcraggle: Think there's gonna be a season 4? On one hand people seem to like KI on the other it doesn't seem like the numbers are that high. Not low but not high either.

But as Microsoft's quasi answer to SFV and the quality it'd be smart to keep it up.

Though season 4 for a story seems pretty far and maybe too late.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish there were a way to get my ps4 fightstick working on my xbone. Guess I'll wait for the pc release to use it on this game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Any word on when the pc version comes out?

Edit - nevermind March 2016 ;)

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew2696: I definitely think there'll be a season 4. It's only releasing for PC in March and with the Xbox not getting SF V, I can only see them continuing to support it.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Wish there were a way to get my ps4 fightstick working on my xbone. Guess I'll wait for the pc release to use it on this game.

Here is your answer.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

Here is your answer.

thanks! sorry should have looked a little harder.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

A lot of people haven't used the Windows store at all or haven't tried go to the actual location of files but it's a pretty closed environment. I'm going to ahead and say that this won't work, even after revealing hidden files, changing permissions, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.