Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killing Floor 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 18, 2016

The direct sequel to Tripwire's earlier wave-based horror FPS, Killing Floor 2 brings the fighting to the continental Europe with new heroes, monsters, and weapons.

Anyone else having trouble finding matches in the PS4 Killing Floor 2 open beta? (And will this be good?)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I tried for like 15 minutes but couldn't find a match. Frustrating because I want to see how I like this game before I consider buying.

From the training level the game didn't seem great (at least not for $40, for $15 it would be much more appealing) but it's hard to tell without playing an actual full match.

I'm also a little confused by the game's marketing as being "PS4 pro ready" and a real looker since, at least to me, it's not a great looking game and has pretty bad animations. For $40 and being horde mode only it seems pretty darn limited.

On the other hand a lot of people seem to really be looking forward to this and the first game has a good reputation so maybe I'm missing something?

I'd like to find out.

It does seem about a billion times better than Umbrella Corps though. So it has that.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I've played the original and 2 on a free weekend on PC.... it's really not much better than the first game. Gameplay was very similar and it looks good in screens but yeah in motion it's not a looker. Some love it, but to me it's a really shallow horde mode based shooter. I definitely would not recommend it for $40. To me it's a $15 game at most.

It's too bad because I think you could and should find shooters focused on being horde mode games out there, I think there's room and audience for it. This just a decent one.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 bigsocrates  Online

I got into a game tonight after resetting my router (and playing some Call of Duty zombies in the meantime.)

The game seems entertaining I guess but it's...sloppy for lack of a better word. A lot of chaos and running around pressed up against monsters who don't attack (because there are so many that if they all attacked immediately you would die a lot more than the game wants.) There are some neat systems in the game but it doesn't look great and there's not a ton of variety (there seem to be like 7-8 types of "zeds" and basically all you do is kill huge waves of them with pretty normal guns.) There's also a slow-mo effect that triggers if someone scores a few critical hits and ends up triggering a lot while you're reloading (since so much of the game is just spent dumping) which can really kill the flow of the action.

My overall impression is positive just because hey, horde mode is fun, and there's a good balance in saving money for weapons vs spend on ammo and armor. While the graphics didn't impress me in terms of fidelity there is a good splattery feel to kills that leaves rooms drenched in blood. There's also a breathless fast paced action to the best of the battles that really makes you feel like you've been through something and survived as a team, which is cool.

At $20 this would be an easy buy but for $40...I'll see what the reviews say (maybe there are more modes or just a huge amount of content that's not in the beta?) This is a game I could see myself playing a round or two of every week just to mess around and enjoy some fast multi-player action, which makes it a decent value (if it stays populated) but it doesn't have anything special that draws me in. Its main selling point seems to be the sheer number of enemies it throws at the team, but I'd rather have a controlled fight against a smaller number of foes than just be dumping ammo into an undifferentiated mass of enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.