Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

kz2 is freezing on me

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

i'm playing the level where you get the electricity gun, and i'm around halfway through, after the ride in the big bucket thingy, and the game constantly freezes up on me. has this happened to anyone else? and does anybody know if there's a way to prevent it? the disc is spotless so it's not that...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I'd guess your PS3 is dying.  My PS3 froze often for a few days playing Little Big Planet before it finally died.  My friend's 360 died just a week ago in a similar way as well.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kratos81
    Diamond said:
    "I'd guess your PS3 is dying.  My PS3 froze often for a few days playing Little Big Planet before it finally died.  My friend's 360 died just a week ago in a similar way as well."
    Must be, I just beat the game and it never froze in me.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diamond
    Kratos81 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "I'd guess your PS3 is dying.  My PS3 froze often for a few days playing Little Big Planet before it finally died.  My friend's 360 died just a week ago in a similar way as well."
    Must be, I just beat the game and it never froze in me.
    "
    Yea exactly, I haven't had the game ever freeze on me either.
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... oh, crap. it's weird though that it always freezes in the same spot.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
    spilledmilkfactory said:
    "... oh, crap. it's weird though that it always freezes in the same spot. "
    Is it freezing at the same exact moment?  If it consistently freezes at the same exact moment it's probably not hardware failure after all.  It's still possible that the game tries to access a block of RAM that is messed up or something but not likely.
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true. mulitplayer works fine, as does resistance 2. so if it's trying to access messed up RAM or something like that, even though the chances of that might be slim, could erasing the kz2 HDD data and reinstalling fix it?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond
    spilledmilkfactory said:
    "true. mulitplayer works fine, as does resistance 2. so if it's trying to access messed up RAM or something like that, even though the chances of that might be slim, could erasing the kz2 HDD data and reinstalling fix it?"
    It doesn't store any data though right?  I didn't see any file like that on my system from KZ2.  I would have recommended doing that if it did.

Does it freeze at an exact moment or generally after a while in that area?  I guess if you really wanted to know, create a new profile and play through the game again to that point, it's possible that some rare save game bug bit you or something like that.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i had the game froze on me once when i played online, but never during SP. i guess its the ps3 and not the game, maybe try to take a break after a couple of hours.

spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diamond said:
    "spilledmilkfactory said:
    "true. mulitplayer works fine, as does resistance 2. so if it's trying to access messed up RAM or something like that, even though the chances of that might be slim, could erasing the kz2 HDD data and reinstalling fix it?"
    It doesn't store any data though right?  I didn't see any file like that on my system from KZ2.  I would have recommended doing that if it did.Does it freeze at an exact moment or generally after a while in that area?  I guess if you really wanted to know, create a new profile and play through the game again to that point, it's possible that some rare save game bug bit you or something like that."

it's always about 3-5 seconds after the game loads up the next part of the level
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond

OK I got another idea.  Did you try starting the level over?  You could get the disk replaced for another copy of the game.  If it still causes problems I can only assume there is something wrong with your PS3.

spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good ideas. i didn't even think of restarting the level. thanks.

matthimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By matthimself

i got some freezes online but not in SP

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond

I just got my first freeze last night, was online, had 60 points and my team was going to win :(

spilledmilkfactory please give us an update some time and tell us if you still have the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.