Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

What MP changes would you implement?

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mr_registered

Like anyone who plays a game for a certain length of time I've become all opinionated about how the multiplayer works. Deciding what needs fixing and sorting out despite my lack of knowledge about the complexities of game design. So without further ado here are my potentially game breaking ideas of what to change:

- Give the standard infantry the ability to use a second badge
    - Reduce the cool down time for any second badge used by the infantry by 20% (as an incentive)
    - Reduce the Medic's Revive guns cool down by 25%
    - Dropped medi-packs appear on radar
    - Any player revived by the medic would be given a 5-10 second window where (if no kills are made during that time) another death will not be counted against their overall score
    - The repair ability can turn enemy ammo dispensers into friendly dispensers without the need to destroy them first
    - Destroying an enemy ammo dispenser will drop a small amount of ammo relative to whatever gun the player is carrying
    - Deployed spawn grenades will sensibly determine which way you are facing when spawning (either towards enemy territory or so you're not facing a wall)
    - No initial invulnerability when spawning from a deployed spawn point
    - Spawn grenades can be defused by the engineers repair/hack ability (with a timer equivalent to defusing a bomb)
    - Spawn grenades will 'go out' quicker if unused for a certain amount of time (to discourage silly spawn grenade placement and allow a sensible tactician to be able set up another spawn relatively quickly given the burden of the '2 spawn grenades per team')
    - The rocket launcher would have reduced damage (any player on full health caught in splash damage will be reduced to an amount of health comparable to a shotgun hit, any player hit dead on will suffer instant death)
    - The rocket launcher would have an increased ammo count (from 3 to 6)
    - The saboteur's disguise would be removed if they fired their weapon, regardless of whether it was at an enemy or not
    - The saboteur's disguise cool down would be increased to encourage more sensible use of the disguise (as opposed to the current tactic many players employ of put on disguise, run into enemy territory head on, shoot, die/rinse repeat)
    - The disguise not as easily revealed when focusing on a enemy saboteur from close up
    - Disguise removed when shot at a couple of times (as opposed to instantly after one shot)
    - C4 would emit either small light radius similar to that of the air support beacon (though not as large) or a faint beeping sound, allowing a more cautious and observant player not to run head on into a trap
    - The scout's cloak would be removed after firing a single shot regardless of whether it was a hit or not
    - Reduced magnum damage at longer distances

Well that was longer than I thought, other than those few points I think the game is great! Feel free to add your own suggestions or openly criticise mine because they adversely affect a class you like.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

i didnt read all that, but i haven't played the game for over a weak, mainly due to the release of re5. 

i remember being fustrated with the completely shity flying bot. that thing blows and its near impossible to get the ribbon for it. 
    i also never unlocked the ability to swap abilities between classes, despite having unlocked all the classes and all but the scout second ability. 
    what the fuck how long does that take?!?!? i dunno. i just wish they had a no respawn mode and search and destroy the normal way. every match is the same way with that mode, no variety of strategy at all. everyone runs in the plant area throws a smoke grenade and continuously spawns there until the match is over. 

i love the mp though, it is great, just the unlocks are painstaking at times, not nearly as rewarding and fun as cod4's system. 
    McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McQuinn

A lot of your idea's are good, but a lot of the class stuff you said seems just to hinder classes you don't like.  I would just change things to make some classes not useless.  I would make turrets and sentries slightly harder to kill.  Give the tactician more incentive to be him.  And yeah, I like that idea about making the original infantry have a 2nd badge and faster down time.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

I haven't played the standard infantryman much at all but his LMG is pretty fierce which more than makes up for no badge ability.

The rocket launcher should be only deployable from a crouched position and with the iron-sights up. Also if you fire it two feet in front of you: you die.

With a game that looks as good as this I'd like to see more HUD options so the screen is less cluttered with info.

A hardcore mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

No assault class.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

The only thing I would change would be the controls.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By mr_registered
    Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
    "I haven't played the standard infantryman much at all but his LMG is pretty fierce which more than makes up for no badge ability.The rocket launcher should be only deployable from a crouched position and with the iron-sights up. Also if you fire it two feet in front of you: you die.With a game that looks as good as this I'd like to see more HUD options so the screen is less cluttered with info.A hardcore mode."
    I think that's probably one of the better suggestions of how to change the assault class I've heard so far.
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By NukeGoBoom

A better killcam. TF2 style where its a single frame but exactly where the enemy is and not just in the direction he is from.Also its not black and white when youre dead.
    After you max out your XP you can start from fresh if you want and you get a badge next to your name or something impressive like that.I think theres something simmiliar in COD4.

Radar medic packs is a good idea.Its frustrating to play medic without a mic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.