Killzone: Mercenary new trailer, launch date of 09/17/13

#1 Edited by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Actually looking pretty damn impressive, and as a fan of the Killzone universe, I'm excited.

#2 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Holy shit that looks great, but more importantly I'm more concerned as to what the framerate will be. I'm betting that it's going to be a lot of sub 30 frames (25~30) which in that case meh.

#3 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

Can't wait, looks great especially as Guerilla aren't even developing it

#4 Posted by Nilazz (607 posts) -

I'm surprised how good this looks.

#5 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

Hopefully it's better than Killzone 3. And them saying choose sides. You mean I can be a glorious space British Nazi? Because that's pretty fucking swell.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11663 posts) -

That's on a handheld? Wow.

Unfortunately, it looked a bit framey in that trailer. Hopefully they'll be able to optimize it enough to make it run at a locked 30 frames.

#7 Posted by Rowr (5480 posts) -

That date is so fucking far away.

#8 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Might get a Vita for this. This looks really cool.

#9 Posted by squiDc00kiE (350 posts) -

More games for my Vita, yes please. A game that the Vita was pitched to be built for and I actually want to play? Hell yeah.

#10 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Looks awesome, hope it doesn't completely flop coming out on the same day as GTA 5. Maybe they should push the release date up a week or two.

#11 Posted by Raven10 (1733 posts) -

@Yadilie said:

Hopefully it's better than Killzone 3. And them saying choose sides. You mean I can be a glorious space British Nazi? Because that's pretty fucking swell.

You play as a mercenary fighting for whichever side pays you the most. I don't think you can actually play as a Helghast. Your best bet for that would be playing the first game, but that game is pretty damn awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.