Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone Mercenary

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 04, 2013

PS Vita-exclusive Killzone title from Guerilla Games Cambridge. A side-story to the original Killzone trilogy.

Regarding Mercenary vs. KZ3

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So after playing Killzone 2 some years ago, I just picked up KZ3 and Mercenary in advance of playing Shadow Fall soon. I'm wondering if there are any spoilers or throwbacks in Mercenary to KZ3? Basically anything that would prevent me from wanting to play them concurrently, as opposed to just running through 3 first. Thanks for any info!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played Mercenary yet (No space on my Vita) but I doubt it'll have any spoilers for KZ3. They're completely different story's.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Killzone 3's story is absolutely terrible anyway, I wouldn't worry about it being spoiled.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoOzak

As the only one who seems to have played KZM I can confirm the story is an afterthought. It does what it needs to and doesnt get in the way, which is more than I can say for Shadowfall. You dont need to have played KZ3 to enjoy Mercenary although the campaign is extremely short and I would recommend spacing it out with the multiplayer if you can, as the upgrades in the black market carry between the two.

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies!

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just a heads up, Shadow Fall is absolutely awful.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

its funny i actually thought mercenary had one of the better campaigns for the killzone series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.