Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect for Xbox 360

Accessory »

Kinect for Xbox 360 is a set of cameras and sensors designed for hands-free gaming. It was released in North America on November 4th, 2010.

Will Kinect double as Xbox LIve Vision

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jambones

So my family and I finally got around to messing about with Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise and it made me wonder if things like the Piñata Vision gimmick, for reading the collectible cards, would be compatible with the new tech. Perhaps I am over-thinking it a little, but I am just throwing this out there to the GB community to see if anything has officially been said about it.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By spazmaster666

It depends on how the original game was programmed. If the game itself was only programmed to work with the Xbox Live Vision camera specially, then it probably wouldn't work unless they released a patch for it. On the other hand, if that aspect of the game was handled on the system side of things (i.e. like voice chat is), then it would probably work.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jambones
    @spazmaster666: Yeah, despite it being a glorified webcam, I am a little worried about it being so hardware specific. It'd be no great loss, and a new Piñata title for Kinect would have us dancing around like fools, I was just curious.  

And of course, I need to pad my account with achievement points ;-)
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Raymayne

Damn...Kinect needs a Viva Pinata game.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jambones
    @Raymayne: My thoughts exactly as I wrote that out, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.