Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Just saw the Macy's/Microsoft/Kinect Commercial

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

Wow. That right there is the current state of the video game industry, ladies and gentlemen. 

If you haven't seen it, it is basically similar to an old navy commercial showing all these beautiful family models enjoying themselves like you would never believe. 
    "Kinect, where the controller is your body!" 

Awesome.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I think I saw a Kinect demo stand in Macy's when I went to an Atlanta Braves game last month... 

needless to say, I walked past it... even though I wanted to look goofy in front of all the hot moms.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By blazerx9x
    @Emilio said:
    " Wow. That right there is the current state of the video game industry, ladies and gentlemen.  If you haven't seen it, it is basically similar to an old navy commercial showing all these beautiful family models enjoying themselves like you would never believe. "Kinect, where the controller is your body!"  Awesome. "
    you are using sarcasm right?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

I'm trying to imagine how a public demo station for Kinect would actually work in a store environment.  If you need X amount of space between you and the camera for the camera to read your movements properly (didn't the GB staff say it was something ridiculous like 13 feet?), you only have Y amount of space to allocate to a demo area, and god knows how many people milling about in the background and foreground (little kids wandering between you and the camera, etc.), I don't see how this is supposed to work as a marketing tactic.

joe1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By joe1138

Just caught the commercial in question myself. Gotta admit-if you don't know what the Kinect is you could be excused for thinking the folks in the ad are borderline schizophrenic.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By m1k3

I just saw a commercial for it on ESPN. but it was showing dance central being "played?" and they showed text saying "no controllers" "you are the controller" thing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.