Kinect Official Pricing

#1 Posted by SmoovLT (34 posts) -
#2 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

4GB hard-drive? What's the point?

#3 Posted by Crono11 (1634 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" 4GB hard-drive? What's the point? "
It's not a 4gb hard drive it's flash memory. And it's better then nothing.
#4 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Oh Microsoft. Let the laughing at thee commence.
#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

The 4gb is meant ot be for storage, not for live marketplace use, if you want to do that, get the larger sku

150 plus a game still seems like alot, should have packed in Dance Central along side it but w/e

#6 Posted by TheKing (822 posts) -

With a game packed in I can justify spending 150.

#7 Posted by Glitch (55 posts) -

If it had been Dance Central packed in I'd probably go for it.  I'm disappointed that there is no 250 GB bundle with the new console.

#8 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -
$150, 150 euro, wanna bet £150.  Yup, UK takes it in the rear once again - and you know all the promotion at launch will be "buy now before the VAT goes up".

@Dany said:
" The 4gb is meant ot be for storage, not for live marketplace use, if you want to do that, get the larger sku  150 plus a game still seems like alot, should have packed in Dance Central along side it but w/e "
You can fit a fair amount of XBLA and Rockband songs on 4gb.  It isn't enough to install a game from disc and about 250mb is more than enough for save games.
#9 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Realistically it's still the same price of a complete 2 player Move set. I think the pricing structure is fair and what was expected.

#10 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

£130 in the UK seems a bit steep. Girlfriend definitely wants one, and it does look like it could be fun but I think I'm going to have to wait to see how it's received before I decide whether we get one or not. 

#11 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@SmoovLT: 

#12 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

I'll get the kinect, but I'm definitely getting the 250gb console instead of the new arcade...I need storage!

#13 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1079 posts) -

The price point is good, especially with the pack in game. 

Another thing to note, the first party Kinect titles, Kinectimals, Joy Ride, and Kinect Sports, are priced at $49.99.

#14 Posted by pepsipat1 (227 posts) -

I have now lost all interest in the kinect. I shall not be giving microsoft my hard earned space bucks for a motion camera. Good day microsoft I shall purchase halo reach from you but that is all.
#15 Posted by eqaddictedfool (104 posts) -

wow 50 bucks for those games? Even good first party games like banjo kazooie and viva pinata were only 40 bucks.
#16 Posted by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -
@TheBeast said:
" £130 in the UK seems a bit steep.
Everything in the UK seems more than a 'bit' steep :P
#17 Posted by sarahsdad (1074 posts) -

I'd love if there was some more choice on the pack in game, but at least having something included with the hardware makes it better than a standalone unit at 150.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.