Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Official Kinect PC support

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TopCat88
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9348265.stm  

Hey. I'm new to these forums so hope this is the right place and hasn't been posted before. Anyway, Steve Ballmer recently recorded this interview with the BBC in the UK. He is pretty clear in the second half of the video that Kinect will officially be supported on the PC sometime in the future. Is this common knowledge? Confirmation of the inevitable? or yet another leak from the horses mouth?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Where are all of these unofficial Kinect drivers and such? I've heard a lot about them, but I don't know where to get them. I want to mess around with my PC via Kinect. 

I'm sure anything officially released won't be nearly as fun.  :P

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I think that was something they were planning if Kinect was successful. I remember seeing somewhere that in future operating systems, like Windows 8, they would have Kinect support for if you wanted to use your PC as a media hub, and motion for various other things. 

And a cool thing about it is that Kinect was designed to be upgradeable. They are actually working on giving the camera twice the resolution as it has now, so it will even be able to track your individual fingers. Apparently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.