Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

So You Found Any Cool Quests? *Demo Content Spoilers*

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Somehow I was drawn back into the KoA:R demo for a third time. Up to now, I haven't been on a quest which really stuck with me. This time around though, that would change. I found the 'Court of Ballads' (I believe that's what it's called) where the Immortal Fae watch over the correct 'Telling' of what's supposed to happen. One of their heroes has fallen to a monster, opposed to their tellings and now that hero's place in their tellings is vacant. Needless to say, our hero will take the place of that fallen hero in the tellings of 'the Court of Ballads'. There was a proper dungeon and a NPC companion and a challenging boss fight in the heart of a giant hollow tree. I got epic quality faeblades (=Illidan-style Double Swords) for my efforts and now have to fulfill the tellings of the fae hero I replaced... and that is AWESOME!

Pretty much sold me on the experience. I bet it's like Skyrim, with tonnes of 'not-so-epic' quests like the one with smashing crates for the gnome-lady pharmacist (albeit there's some kind of killer poison gas in there or something), but the main story line and the faction quests are going to be truely epic. Too bad the 'Mercenary Guild'-quest doesn't take off yet in the demo. That's certain to become awesome quickly.

Did you find any outstanding 'epic storyarc' quests in the demo, which warrant a fourth demo playthrough? I'd be up for that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I've played through enough of it to know how the game feels but EVERYSINGLETIME I sit down to play it, I have to shut the damn thing down and go do something else. I did, however, find that one quest with the wolf that was turned into a man for some strange reason. Didn't get to finish it but seems interesting.

I think I'm going to wait until the weekend to play it through. Late at night. With the phones unplugged. And giant headphones on, turned up enough to make me deaf.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BoFooQ

since already going to get the game I haven't gotten into to many quest, just wanted to see how the combat worked. I found it interesting that if you try and kill a random dude they stop you than ask if you want to switch to aggressive mode. So I spent my time just running around killing anyone I could. I ran into a cave though and there were 2 guards who overpowered me with ease.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aetheldod

None of the quest I did felt compelling , but maube its the whole game that didn´t tickle me fancy

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

The only compelling one so far was the same one you mention, the Court of Ballads.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By altairre

So after I found me a way to freeze the demo timer and saw everything the demo has to offer I have to agree that the Court of Ballads quest is the best one while the rest of the quests are pretty standart. However, with Court of Ballads being a side quest, I hope that there will be some awesome sidequests in the full game. Since the main quest does not even really start in the demo, there is no way of judging it eventhough the setup seems a little meh to me. All in all I think this game looks promising and I will probably buy it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

@altairre said:

So after I found me a way to freeze the demo timer and saw everything the demo has to offer I have to agree that the Court of Ballads quest is the best one while the rest of the quests are pretty standart. However, with Court of Ballads being a side quest, I hope that there will be some awesome sidequests in the full game. Since the main quest does not even really start in the demo, there is no way of judging it eventhough the setup seems a little meh to me. All in all I think this game looks promising and I will probably buy it.

As far as I see it, the Court of Ballads is a faction similar to the Mage, Thief, Assassin and Rebels/Empire stuff in Skyrim, hence the high quality quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.