Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

What's going on with the Steam Pre-load?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

I have been looking around the interwebs for an answer to this and have yet been able to find one so I thought I would ask here and see if anyone knew. What's going on with the pre-load for this game on Steam not working? As soon as I bought it a while back it downloaded a tiny file and every time I go to install it it says that it's not available yet. Was curious to know if anyone has heard anything official yet, because all I was able to dig up was that other digital services will let you pre-load by now but on Steam you can't. This just EA being douches and trying to screw over the Steam release of their game, or is this some bug the devs are trying to work out?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Pretty sure that tiny file will be pre-order DLC unlock key.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By mosdl

The game's forums imply that EA isn't involved in the steam version, so it seems to lie with the developer.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crusader8463

@mosdl said:

The game's forums imply that EA isn't involved in the steam version, so it seems to lie with the developer.

Oh well. As long as I can start downloading it before I head off to work tomorrow I should be good to have it done by the time I get home. Unless it's some ungodly large download.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scarace360

@crusader8463 said:

@mosdl said:

Oh well. As long as I can start downloading it before I head off to work tomorrow I should be good to have it done by the time I get home. Unless it's some ungodly large download.

900 gigs later.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crusader8463

@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@mosdl said:

900 gigs later.

Double checked on Steam and it looks like it's only going to be 10.5. So I should be good as long as I can start it in the morning.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

@crusader8463 said:

@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@mosdl said:

900 gigs later.

Double checked on Steam and it looks like it's only going to be 10.5. So I should be good as long as I can start it in the morning.

only 10.5 not enough gigs per dollar.

oldschool2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool2112

Skyrim@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@mosdl said:

900 gigs later.

Skyrim, with all my mods, is only 6G. Sloppy coding on 38's part? Or magic on Bethesda's!!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hunkulese

@oldschool2112 said:

Skyrim@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@scarace360 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@mosdl said:

900 gigs later.

Skyrim, with all my mods, is only 6G. Sloppy coding on 38's part? Or magic on Bethesda's!!

What does one have to do with the other?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.