Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knight Squad

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 16, 2015

Knight Squad is an 8-player, top-down, arena combat game with various objectives amidst the one-hit deaths between players.

Backlog 365: Day 27 - Knight Squad

phishyphishy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By phishyphishy
    No Caption Provided

For Backlog 365 I plan on playing one game on my backlog everyday this year and write about it. For each game I will decide if I want to put it on my "Shelved" list (games that I plan to come back to and play in depth) or put it on the "Retired" list (games that I will delete or sell and move on with my life).

• January 27
    • Xbox One
    • Time Played: 57 minutes

I really didn’t like Knight Squad when I started playing. The game has eight knights trying to get a chalice to their base while other knights try to kill them and steal it back. But after my first game I realized the game was much more, what I thought was the whole game was just one mode. And, in fact, each mode made the game completely different – sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst. For example there is a mode that turns the game into a mini battle area, where you try to destroy the opposite team’s crystals with drills – an excellent mode. Then, there is a soccer game, where you try to get the ball in the opponents net – cool idea, but frustrating as hell.

I ended up playing all the mode of Knight Squad and one of the challenges. It was really interesting to see how much the game changes in each one of these modes, and fun to re-imagine my strategy each time. However, as much as I enjoyed my time with Knight Squad I don’t think there is much there for me. Or, to put it a better way, I feel like my time is better spent playing other games. I get the good sense that you could easily dump a handful of hours into the online multiplayer only to realize that the game has become stale. I don’t know if this is the case, but it is what I foresee. (I do own a crystal ball, no really.) I really thought about putting this on the Shelved list with the plan of picking it up once or twice more, but the more I thought about it the more I felt like I really got all that I would enjoy out of Knight Squad.

Judgment: Retired

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.