Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 08, 2010

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is a team-based multiplayer shooter, featuring a Western setting and four playable character classes.

Initial beta impression.... Awesome.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

This game is ALOT of fun!

I will admit that it takes  a bit to get used to the gameplay style. There isn't any automatic weapon in the game (excluding the turrets) so everything gun is semi-automatic. Also there isn't any crouch and when you move your accuracy degrades. It's quite the interesting game and I have had ALOT of fun playing it. I like how you can spawn at the main base or on one of your teammates who is carrying the spawn flag. It gets you into the action instantly so you don't have to wait. 

There is a bit of work to be done... I have had like 4 or 5 crashes where it crashes back to the desktop. This is a beta so I hope they fix this.

LeadCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LeadCowboy

I have to agree with Jack_Daniels. 

I had not heard of this game until I saw it on the steam store page. So a quick google helped me find the mine trailer or wahtever it was called.  
    It looked good and only cost $14. How could I resist? :D  

The amount of teamwork required is huge and unlike other shooters out there you feel like a team when you get to play with some organized players.

This is the best purcahse I've done over steam. I feel I've already got my money worth of fun. Granted there's a few bugs. But I guess that's why it is beta and not final. Last night's patch solved all of the crashes I used to have. 

The developers have already told us they are working on dedicated servers (!!!!), a new map and a new coop campaign. Also, they listen to their fans and the community is great. 

To sum it up. 
    The game is definately worth $14.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hunkulese

The game was crashing on me everytime I earned an achievement so I gave up. Haven't tried since the patch though.

LeadCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LeadCowboy
    @Hunkulese said:
    " The game was crashing on me everytime I earned an achievement so I gave up. Haven't tried since the patch though. "
    Yea. Used to crash for me too. They've fixed most of the crashes now and theres already a third patch coming up with new functions. 

I love how the developers read every thread on their forums and actually considers all suggestions. :D
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daryl
    @LeadCowboy: How much of a system hog is it or is it fairly optimized?
    LeadCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LeadCowboy
    @Daryl said:
    " @LeadCowboy: How much of a system hog is it or is it fairly optimized? "
    Im playing on an AMD 4200 with 4gb ram and a 9800GT. 
     By reading the forums at leadandgold.com it seems some user are having performance issues even tho their computers are way better than mine. 

Hard to say if they are using some really old and shitty drivers for their comp or if the game is having trouble with certain hardware configurations.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

Sounds good man.  I'm downloading it now after seeing the GB quick look.  Ryan was saying he kind of wished it had persistent ranks, because it has that carrot on a stick effect.  I like that too, but the downside to that is everyone just plays for points.  Like in Bad Company 2 I see a lot of people boosting points, or trying to find exploits to win the game faster, and they do all of that not because it's more fun but because it gives more points.  The plus to a game like this is that everyone is playing to have fun.  Also this should run fine on my laptop which is always nice.

Tangeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tangeu

I have to admit that I don't generally play online shooters, I don't have time to play 12hrs a day and because of that I am left so far behind the curve almost immediately.  But I purchased this off of steam today after seeing the QL because it looked so fun, and precisely because there isn't that persistence, I can just play a match or two on downtime (that is unless it becomes hyper-competitive).

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ryax

just bought it and been playing it. i must say. damn. this is fantastic

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RsistncE

Is this actually THAT good? I'm not tempted to buy it...

How long is the sale price on for?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Ryax
    @RsistncE: its 13 bucks, remember its just a beta but damn, its kinda fast paced, and pretty good looking. id say get it, watch the quick look if you havent. 
    harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By harrypmgaga

Yeah I'm thoroughly enjoying it, I got a Steam code sent for it a couple days ago and have only played a few games, but hot damn, this game is good. As with what other's have said (and Ryan), I kinda wish that the ranking was persistance, as it would give me more incentive to play some more. Unfortunately this is really one of the only things holding me back from going out there and getting into the game full-on and pumping some serious time into it. 

The game looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and really captures that vibe of the wild-west with it's game types, etc. so I reckon it's worth a purchase.
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Ferginator4k

I found the game to be suprisingly solid, but a lack of people online?
    Anyone else have this problem or is it just me and my australian timezones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.