Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox Split Screen Online

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By thebeast

Is it possible to play L4D2 online with two players on the same console in split-screen? Any limits to what modes can be played, etc? 
    Also, do both players need Gold accounts?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thebeast
    @Tarsier: How come? What difference does it make?
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thebeast
    @Tarsier: Fair enough, didn't consider that. We'd likely only be playing with friends anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bald3rdash

Well the guest doesn't need a mic, as long as he knows how to play well enough and his buddy on the couch can relay any important info.  

But yes, you'll definitely get kicked from more than a couple games for having a second player.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Tarsier said:
    " Yes but I wouldn't advise it, you will get booted from any good games. It wouldn't be too much of a problem on Campaign though.. But don't try expert. =p "
    "Good" games meaning "game populating with twats who take it way tooo seriously". 

I've only ever heard people using their mics in two games I've ever played. I rarely find a game that doesn't include someone in splitscreen so I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thebeast

Unfortunate to hear the community is like that - but at least we'll be able to play with friends. I'm assuming this means the other player doesn't need a gold account?

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By lebkin
    @Tarsier said:
    " Your guest can't talk, for a game on expert or versus to work properly everyone has to have mics. Without a mic he can not cooperate with the team properly.  "
    This is a problem if the second player is truly a "guest" account.  Guest accounts can't talk online.

If the second player has a gold account, they will participate as a full member of the group.  Voice chat, achievements, the whole deal.  This is actually the only way I usually play Left 4 Dead, playing split-screen with my wife.  If that is the case, I think you'll be just fine online.  I don't even know if the other players will even know that you're playing splitscreen.
    owenneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By owenneil

I don't know who you are playing with, but i keep getting into games with people who quit because of stupid stuff, team killing so on. 
    Their are way too many "take it too seriously" types.  Their are many bad splitscreener, but many are great.  
    I played one game where a guy demanded everyone have a mic, then once in game he never talked or worked with the team... he ran way ahead died and quit.
    Only thing i really look out for on people playing splitscreen is when they are not on the same team. thats a huge red flag, and normaly leads to a team killer/greifer.   
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

Don't players need a gold account to play ANY game on a profile other than the guest profile?
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix

Me and my bro play from our own profiles on the same machine.

We get full mic support and everything, as long as he has a gold account to.  Works well except for the limited screen, of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.