Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

Based on the popular series of Christian novels, Left Behind: Eternal Forces is a real-time strategy game.

Oh Bestbuy, what won't you sell?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

No Caption Provided

I found this at Bestbuy last night, I had no idea what I was holding until reading the wiki here, I kind of want to go get it now just to see how bad it is.

Where does this stuff even come from? I was at the same store a week ago buying xmas gifts and it wasn't there, maybe someone returned it...

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Love that they put the theft thing on it too

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By darkvare

i love how the description here in giant bomb just flatout says is unplayable

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

"Looks and Plays like a big budget production" When that is your quote...you know its a lie.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Best Buy has been selling used games for a while now. Given how old this game is, someone had to have traded it in.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By sammo21

Best Buy price matches Amazon so they can sell anything they want in my book!

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think about this; for it to be used means someone had to actually, legitimately pay for this at some point. A chilling thought.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly didn't know this was a boxed retail product. I thought it was something you had to download from a shady website.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Retail stores are the worst. I been to a local Walmart once or twice and they still have a boxed copy of tabula rasa on the shelf.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel

Retail stores are the worst. I been to a local Walmart once or twice and they still have a boxed copy of tabula rasa on the shelf.

How does that make them the worst? That Tabula Rasa was a flop and no longer active doesn't mean that that inventory that Wal-Mart stocked is just going to pay for itself. They can't be blamed for the game's failure or for being stuck with copies of a game that are essentially unsellable.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The security dealie on the box cracks me up. Stealing Left Behind is its own punishment.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hailinel: @crusader8463: Seeing as I work at a Wal-Mart I'll say both of you have points. On one hand some items were just plain stuck with. Some things we can send back but most often with general merchandise we've just got to deal wit it. However,its up to the people running that particular store to do what they can to get rid of something like that that just hangs around. If they just leave something that isn't moving just sitting there and clogging the shelf without marking it down then that is a problem too.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

The security dealie on the box cracks me up. Stealing Left Behind is its own punishment.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

It would be REALLY ironic to steal a copy of a game that deals with sinners being left below during the Rapture.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

@crusader8463 said:

How does that make them the worst? That Tabula Rasa was a flop and no longer active doesn't mean that that inventory that Wal-Mart stocked is just going to pay for itself. They can't be blamed for the game's failure or for being stuck with copies of a game that are essentially unsellable.

@hailinel: @crusader8463: Seeing as I work at a Wal-Mart I'll say both of you have points. On one hand some items were just plain stuck with. Some things we can send back but most often with general merchandise we've just got to deal wit it. However,its up to the people running that particular store to do what they can to get rid of something like that that just hangs around. If they just leave something that isn't moving just sitting there and clogging the shelf without marking it down then that is a problem too.

The game has been shut down for over 5 years. They are selling a game that can't be played. Under no circumstances is that acceptable. Throw it in the garbage if they can't send it back but leaving it on the shelf for some dumb ass that doesn't know any better to buy it and take it home to find out is disgusting.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Best Buy has been selling used games for a while now. Given how old this game is, someone had to have traded it in.

But its a PC Game???

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

But its a PC Game???

Yep.

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I was at my local Best Buy they had a new sealed copy of Madden 09 en Espanol that I swear had never been there before. Also, they were selling it for $40.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#19  Edited By ManMadeGod

The Wal Mart by me still sells brand new PS2 games. I would love to see the monthly sales figures on those.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wal Mart by me still sells brand new PS2 games. I would love to see the monthly sales figures on those.

You might be surprised. I once did game testing for a budget publisher on a couple of projects. They actually had a quiet million-seller on a PS2 motorcycle racing game that they sold at retail in places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy at a budget price. And there are a lot of people that still have PS2s, even in this day and age, so as long as you make games for the right casual audience at a budget price, you can do some good business.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Kirk Cameron isn't in it, NO SALE

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I see is irony in that photo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.