Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legend of Grimrock

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 11, 2012

Legend of Grimrock is a modern take on the first-person dungeon crawler genre. Similar to Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, players progress through the game by descending further into the dungeon whilst solving puzzles and slaying enemies.

Owners of low-spec PCs/laptops, take note!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By bibamatt

...you can run Legend of Grimrock really well.

I'm playing on a i3 laptop with integrated graphics. I can run Starcraft 2 with all low settings. I can't run the Diablo 3 beta (well, unless I want to play at 8fps). Legend of Grimrock runs with almost everything notched up to high. It looks beautiful and really succeeds because of the short distance you can see. It doesn't have to render loads, so it runs like a dream even if you've got very low power.

Recommended for my fellow low-spec brethren!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bell_End

its coming to ipad soon also, which will be pretty sweet

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Wallzii

I feel that agame like this should be ported to Android. I am in Asia right now, and for the next three months as well, but I still like to get my game on. Unfortunately, there aren't any worthwhile games with any real content on Android aside from GTA3 and emulated titles. Any legacy console games that I've wanted to play, I already have. Where are the RPGs for Android, damnit!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By bibamatt

@Bell_End said:

its coming to ipad soon also, which will be pretty sweet

Really?! I didn't know. This is EXCELLENT news.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ProjektGill

My laptop came out 2-3 years before the "i" series of processors were even available so if you think you have a low spec PC, I don't even know what to call mine.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

But can I emulate it under OSX with Wine? I wish I knew. I'd probably buy it because it seems like the perfect game to play away from a bulky desktop.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Games not having demos puts me off buying ANY PC game out of fear of wasting my money

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

@Fallen189 said:

Yeah I think I don't have any other choice. I can't wait for a demo forever, and I really wanna play it. Recommended hardware is so confusing as there's just too much out there to compare to.

Do you want a demo to see how well the game will run or to see if you'll enjoy the game?

If the former, maybe we can crowdsource it for you. Post your specs, duder :)

If the latter, there's a ton of great Youtube vids out that highlight exactly what you're buying into. Watch a couple of the longer Let's Plays to get a feel for the game.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Plays great on my Thinkpad x120. AMD's Fusion CPU/GPU stuff continues to impress me with what it's able to push at playable framerates for $300-ish.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Fallen189

@Ravenlight said:

@Fallen189 said:

Yeah I think I don't have any other choice. I can't wait for a demo forever, and I really wanna play it. Recommended hardware is so confusing as there's just too much out there to compare to.

Do you want a demo to see how well the game will run or to see if you'll enjoy the game?

If the former, maybe we can crowdsource it for you. Post your specs, duder :)

If the latter, there's a ton of great Youtube vids out that highlight exactly what you're buying into. Watch a couple of the longer Let's Plays to get a feel for the game.

Oh I'm sure I'd enjoy it, I'm just not sure if I can risk getting it because if it doesn't work, I'm £12 down. It doesn't seem much, but it all adds up.

CPU: AMD E2-3000M Apu with Radeon HD Graphics

Ram: 4GB (But I think it shares some with the GPU)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6380G (2GB, again, unsure how much is shared...)

I've played Starcraft 2 well enough, and it managed Rift/SWTOR on low.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MrOldboy

I was hoping this game would be able to run on very-low end laptops when I heard about it a while ago. But once i saw it was 3D I lost hope. For some reason I imagined it as a 2D game, albeit a nice high res 2D game. Anyways, enjoying it on my desktop. Runs perfect on high, well I'd expect it to, 3.2 x4 AMD phenom II, 4gb ddr3, GTX 480. Wish the wall texture wasn't the same for every wall block, or at least it feels this way.

I have played a ton of old school games on my macbook, bootcamp, but replaying games I remember just doesn't have the same affect as playing something brand new (even if it is very similar to some of those games).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.