Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Legend of Grimrock

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 11, 2012

Legend of Grimrock is a modern take on the first-person dungeon crawler genre. Similar to Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, players progress through the game by descending further into the dungeon whilst solving puzzles and slaying enemies.

The one thing I would change.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I would make insects have the highest starting max load. It would make sense to me for them to carry some large amount of weight. Case and point, ants. It just seems kind of strange that the race with the lowest max load, is an insect. I'm only assuming of course that the insects in this game have they same strength traits as insects in our world. But this would mean they become the strongest race in the game. Unless you explain it away as, they use magic to increase the amount of stuff they can carry.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

The ability to carry huge amounts of weight (compared to their own size) has less to do with the fact that they are insectoids and with the fact of their size.
    It's the relation of muscle mass to strengh.
    Basically (really really roughly) you strengh depends on the cross sectional area of your muscle.
    But the mass itself increases in a three dimensional volume.
    Meaning that size increase is not proportional to strengh increase in orders of magnitude, one is a squared value the other is cubed.
    This is why much smaller creatures can handle weight which is relative to themselves quite huge.

So ants blown up to our human like size would be roughly just as strong, they would not be able to carry trees or anything.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@Tennmuerti: But they shoot fireballs with magic sticks, and your concerned with some fanciful ideal of thinking magic or "science". I'll Square-Cube law your logic all the way to Grimrock.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @BigChickenDinner said:

@Tennmuerti: But they shoot fireballs with magic sticks, and your concerned with some fanciful ideal of thinking magic or "science". I'll Square-Cube law your logic all the way to Grimrock.

You are the one who brought up real ants as a reason for your logic :P
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@Tennmuerti: >_> I'll stick with my " They used magic to make themselves lift a lot"

Magic ants yo' XD

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magic ant just lifts the whole dungeon up and shakes all the loot out

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@drag said:

magic ant just lifts the whole dungeon up and shakes all the loot out

That's actually confirmed DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.