Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Traveller's Tales brings the LEGO treatment to The Lord of the Rings, following the events of all three movies.

Lego: Lord of the Rings

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cthulad

So one-third done in Lego: Lord of the Rings, and I am loving it. I have not played that many Lego games, but this one really does take it to a next level. I love that it is using the movie for dialog. It allows them the chance to add a lot more to the story in sense of Lego style jokes. If you have not seen the trailer I recommend it. The best part is at the end, and I just completed that section. It has a nice amount of humor, and does a great job at keeping the pacing moving just the right amount.

I have encountered 2 freezes so far, nothing related to the game as far as I can tell, but it is a little disconcerting. It could be me playing on the PS3 fat, and not one of these new PS3's, but that really should not make any difference. There is a lot of free play, and almost always a large area you can "explore" between the scenes that you play through. I also wanted to mention that Hobbiton in the Shire looks beautiful. Each vista that you visit is just as great looking as the last, and they really made the scenes gorgeous. So far I think my favorite part is the Misty Mountains. They really added a lot to the area, because we all know that it was a large part of the movie. There are parts you must carry the dwarf, or a hobbit over for assistance with the next area since they take a longer time to cross the thick snow, or play as Legolas, and you just walk over the snow like he did in the movies.

So if you are looking for a new Lego game, or a Lord of the rings game. I recommend this one. I have not always enjoyed the games, but this one is great, and comes highly recommended by me. (Grain of salt can be used)

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cthulad

So one-third done in Lego: Lord of the Rings, and I am loving it. I have not played that many Lego games, but this one really does take it to a next level. I love that it is using the movie for dialog. It allows them the chance to add a lot more to the story in sense of Lego style jokes. If you have not seen the trailer I recommend it. The best part is at the end, and I just completed that section. It has a nice amount of humor, and does a great job at keeping the pacing moving just the right amount.

I have encountered 2 freezes so far, nothing related to the game as far as I can tell, but it is a little disconcerting. It could be me playing on the PS3 fat, and not one of these new PS3's, but that really should not make any difference. There is a lot of free play, and almost always a large area you can "explore" between the scenes that you play through. I also wanted to mention that Hobbiton in the Shire looks beautiful. Each vista that you visit is just as great looking as the last, and they really made the scenes gorgeous. So far I think my favorite part is the Misty Mountains. They really added a lot to the area, because we all know that it was a large part of the movie. There are parts you must carry the dwarf, or a hobbit over for assistance with the next area since they take a longer time to cross the thick snow, or play as Legolas, and you just walk over the snow like he did in the movies.

So if you are looking for a new Lego game, or a Lord of the rings game. I recommend this one. I have not always enjoyed the games, but this one is great, and comes highly recommended by me. (Grain of salt can be used)

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Slither_Maggot

Awesome! Good to see someone who's really enjoying the game. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy but with Christmas around the corner I've been told not to buy it under pain of death. There was a forum about the "freeze issue" put up a couple days ago by someone saying they were encountering similar issues with their PS3 version. That aside it's awesome you think it's solid. I've played LEGO Indy's 1 & 2 as well as the LEGO STAR WARS titles and liked them all so far. Thanks for putting this up. AWESOME NEWS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.