The LEGO The Lord of the Rings wiki last edited by Niko23 on 07/13/15 09:21PM
View full history
Following the story of the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, Lego The Lord of the Rings continues Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes' implementation of having the Lego characters talk. Instead of having an original voice cast, Lego The Lord of the Rings uses the original film dialogue.
Much like past LEGO games based on movie and/or book licenses, LEGO Lord of the Rings uses various settings and characters from the franchise. Players engage in light combat and solve puzzles to progress through the game, puzzles involve simple mechanics such as putting blocks on pressure pads and flicking levers, as is the norm for games in the LEGO franchise. LEGO Lord of the Rings introduces the ability for the player to equip characters with different weaponry and items as the game progresses, some examples of which are the Light of Eärendil, Elven rope, and different swords and bows. Every character now has their own inventory to be able to hold these items. Some examples of new character specific abilities are Gandalf's ability to use magic, and Gimli's ability to be thrown by other characters.
- Pre-order bonuses for the game includes weapons & magic and 2 character packs. They are available for purchase separately for $2 each for both character packs and $3 for the weapons & magic pack.
- Middle-earth Character pack 1 includes: Sauron in the second age, Prince Imrahil, Beregond, Theodred, and Smeagol.
- Middle-earth Character Pack 2 includes: Elven Lord Glorfindel, Barliman Butterbur, Farmer Maggot, Corsair Pirate and a mini-Balrog.
- Weapons and Magical Items Pack includes: whirlwind axe, Troll mace, Morgul blade, Elrond’s Circlet, Gandalf’s Helm of Gemstones, the Barad-dûr Helm and the Balrog Grond Helms, the four rings of power Vilya, Nenya and Narya, and party favors.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3, Vista, or Windows® 7
- Processor: Dual Core CPU @ 2GHz (Pentium D)
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free HDD space
- Video Card: NVIDIA® 7600, 7800, 8800 GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 1950
- Sound: 16-bit Sound Card