Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

What is the point of the leaderboards?

mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mrariscottle

I can't tell what the leaderboards show? As far as I can tell they only show completion percentage, which makes the leaderboards seem pointless to me... 

Any ideas?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

MS requires games have leaderboards AFAIK.  I don't know how people get over 100% though...

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Sarumarine

Leaderboards in general seem to be pretty useless (except among friends) because there's always a group of people who manage to hack or cheat in the game to pull off stuff like 21853235 headshots in 0:00 seconds. Or beat the entire game in 0:00 seconds. Or get over 100% and it's not a Donkey Kong Country game.

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Tsukiyomi
    @Diamond said:

" MS requires games have leaderboards AFAIK.  I don't know how people get over 100% though... "

There are secret eggs in the game that aren't mentioned in the achievements. Each egg you collect adds 1% above the 100% completion stat.
    mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By mrariscottle
    It is possible to get over 100% in Limbo. I just think they need to have leaderboards for like time completion of something because comparing completion percentage is a bad comparison as everyone will eventually get the same score.
    Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Kaburorne

As Fudgeman7 said, it would be great if they had separate leaderboards for different aspects of a run-through. Like time spent and/or number of deaths. They missed out a bit, I feel.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Brackynews

It's sad that the leaderboards have become so distorted.  MS is very slow to act against the hackers (currently 80+ above 111%).
    Apparently PlayDead has stated they can't fix the leaderboard issue themselves, but shouldn't a dev be responsible for coding in a proper limit?  It's just bad programming to allow +128 and -128 values to exist in a scale from 0-100.  If your scale goes to 111 on purpose, and doesn't break when someone makes it say 125, I think that's a development issue.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Robiin

Every XBLA game needs to have Leaderboards, Achievements & Help (or how to play or something) accessible from the menus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.