Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lips

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

"Lips" is a Karaoke game similar to the SingStar franchise. "Lips" comes bundled with two motion-sensing, LED-lit microphones for $69.99 US. In addition to the 40 songs that come on the disc, players can plug in their MP3 player and sing along to their own music.

SingStar PS3 vs Lips 360

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LocoRocker

Does anyone own both? How do they compare to each other? I am really enjoying SingStar on the PS3.

spacedogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spacedogg

Just stumbled across this topic. I own and enjoy both Singstar and Lips. Singstar has a better community and more features like cam support and audio recording. Lips has a more robust presentation with all kinds of whiz bang effects celebrating even the most mundane tasks ( like finishing a song). Singstar has a lot more songs on their various disks and online but unless your a fan of U.K music (which I am...to some extent) you may have never heard of some these bands. There is also an eerie lack of urban music in the Singstore. Lips' song selection is much better suited to U.S. pop sensibilities with classics from Boyz II Men, KC & Jojo and even Al Green. So I guess what I'm saying is Lips = better songs, Singstar = better features. Both are great, but the cam support gives Singstar the edge....for now at least.  
    I say get'em both.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Neither I hate Karaoke games. But my sister prefers Sing Star, she is right into that series I think it seems like a more realised product though spacedogg makes some good points about the extra jazz that Lips puts into its presentation value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.