Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

LBP Platforming Difficulty

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

I haven't bought LBP yet, but i've watched many, many youtube videos of it. Most of the levels i see, while very creative and interesting looking, don't really seem to have any real level of challenge to them. It mainly consists of the player walking from one end, to the other end. With a few jumps and swings inbetween.
    So i'm left to wonder. What makes this a platformer worth getting? After you've been through a bunch of level created content, the single player game, etc. After you've seen what there is to see. What is there left to do? From what i can tell, you aren't going to spend hours trying to solve some jumping/platforming puzzle in a level. So that in itself will take away a lot of the playtime and replay value...

I guess i'm just wanting some challenging levels that will take me back to my early Mario days... Remember the end of Mario 3? On the ship, with all the cannons firing? Having to dodge them, and keep up with the continuously moving level at the same time? Then it culminated into a not to difficult, but decent boss fight.
    Or even Super Mario, the one on the Super Nintendo. There were some really challenging, and fun levels on that game. I still remember the ending Bowser fight, and being nervous the whole time i was playing through it... Even the newest Mario (Mario Galaxy), has some extremely fun, semi-challenging moments in it.

Will those type of levels ever make an appearance in LBP? Or is it destined to be a dumbed down, simple game with a creation tool?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.