Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

thoughts on the madden demo

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ocdog45
    I think the game looks a lot better. the madden iq just confirmed on how bad my pass def really is. i'm pissed i'm only all pro. is all you can play is the madden moment? i didn't even beat it.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I hated the demo because it only featured the Madden Moment and thus you couldn't try out playing on defense at all...I don't consider the Madden IQ to be anything other than a waste of time. I still want to give the retail copy a try, but I think they went the wrong route with the demo.

claysol13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By claysol13

I agree I would have much rather played two quarters of a game, rather than play the last minute in a game.  It really turned me off at that point.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Shawn

I'm not exaggerating, that was the worst demo I've ever played. 90% of the demo is just dodging virtual holograms to test your skill. Yeah, test your madden IQ so the last minute of the superbowl will adapt to you!

Really, they could've done a much better job.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Shawn said:
    "I'm not exaggerating, that was the worst demo I've ever played. 90% of the demo is just dodging virtual holograms to test your skill. Yeah, test your madden IQ so the last minute of the superbowl will adapt to you!

"
    games should never use a tutuorial as a demo but it doesnt matter it is madden their fans are diehard
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shawn
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Shawn said:
    "I'm not exaggerating, that was the worst demo I've ever played. 90% of the demo is just dodging virtual holograms to test your skill. Yeah, test your madden IQ so the last minute of the superbowl will adapt to you!

"
    games should never use a tutuorial as a demo but it doesnt matter it is madden their fans are diehard
    "
    What choices do we have since EA bought the ESPN license to the NFL?
    fignewtons6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fignewtons6

it was good...they should have made it longer

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Shawn said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Shawn said:

"
    "
    "

You dont have choices but I dont have choices in baseball games either since EA is too lazy to go into baseball games so it is crappy 2k8 or nothing. I hope Ea makes a baseball game soon and monopolizes it like madden.
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawn
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Shawn said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Shawn said:

"
    "
    "

You dont have choices but I dont have choices in baseball games either since EA is too lazy to go into baseball games so it is crappy 2k8 or nothing. I hope Ea makes a baseball game soon and monopolizes it like madden."
    When EA takes over the gaming industry, you'll look back at what you just said and take it all back.
    ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ocdog45

i would say if your going to make me do the madden iq, it better not be just for 2 min. last years supper bowl.

cepwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cepwin

As someone who is considering jumping into Madden for the first time I have to agree it wasn't a good demo.   I too wanted the option of playing at least part of an actual game.

cepwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cepwin

As someone who is considering jumping into Madden for the first time I have to agree it wasn't a good demo.   I too wanted the option of playing at least part of an actual game.

PunkBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PunkBeatz

I wasn't overly impressed to be honest. The graphics look sharper, but players still fell into each other during breaks in the gameplay, the crowd didn't look great etc. At the end of the day, it's Madden and I'm starting to think they need to do something radical to change it. But therein lies the problem. Each year EA can push it forward a little bit but they can't really change anything because the game is the game.

The full game could vary wildly from the demo (hmmm...) so you never know. Also, I agree with the rest of you - I would rather have played a couple of quarters rather than the Madden Moment. I spent about an hour playing it and still never beat it, and I thought I was a UK player who was fairly decent at the series!

GrandTheftHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GrandTheftHalo

I feel almost insulted by the demo they gave us. Whoa a whole minute and a half of actual gameplay!!! My first time through I scored on the 1st play with Burress and boom thats it. Then the madden iq feels completely inaccurate. I honestly suck at passing and I received all-madden. Ugh, I hope this was an early stage of the game then whats going to be released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.