Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

Have learned nothing in 11 damn years...

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

The blocking is still worse than dreamcast era 2k games.

Do they just refuse to spend time on this because it doesn't sound sexy on a features list?  Pretty pathetic and very disappointing year after year.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @fwylo said:
    " NFL QB CLUB 2002 was the bomb. "
    :|

Seriously?  I hated that game.  NFL2k2 on the Dreamcast was the game of that year.  The only thing that madden had around that time was that it was on the Playstation 2, but 2k was still better on Dreamcast.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

I still own a copy of NFL 2K5 which I play from time to time. Ah the good ole days when Michael Vick wasn't a terrible dog killer.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fwylo
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @fwylo said:

" NFL QB CLUB 2002 was the bomb. "

Pfft, NFL Quarterback Club 98 better. "
    You're right I knew it was a QB CLUB one but was too lazy to find which one. So I picked the latest.  But it was '98 for the N64 that stole my heart. 
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By VWGTI

Expecting change in Madden is like expecting change in Dynasty Warriors. Ain't happening.

SashaNYI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By SashaNYI

Haven't played the demo yet but it can't be that bad, can it?

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By OneManX
    @VWGTI said:
    " Expecting change in Madden is like expecting change in Dynasty Warriors. Ain't happening. "
    Which is funny, b/c unlike Dynasty warriors, Madden does tend to add more to every game int he series. I have a friend who is gamer, who buys Madden every year and he is telling me about all the new bells and whistles and to show that, Madden changes what they do every year, one year the try enhancing the passing, they take what works and what didn't and apply that to the next game and work to improve .
    Prymet1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Prymet1me
    Have no idea why people sheep to madden every year and are disappointed when they realize its not much different from the previous year. Ill play another madden when they build a new game engine.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OneManX

How many people buy Madden every year and are disappointed?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By jacdg
    @OneManX said:
    " How many people buy Madden every year and are disappointed? "
    I buy it every year, and I'm NOT disappointed.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By TheHBK
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bhhawks78
    @OneManX said:
    " @VWGTI said:
    " Expecting change in Madden is like expecting change in Dynasty Warriors. Ain't happening. "
    Which is funny, b/c unlike Dynasty warriors, Madden does tend to add more to every game int he series. I have a friend who is gamer, who buys Madden every year and he is telling me about all the new bells and whistles and to show that, Madden changes what they do every year, one year the try enhancing the passing, they take what works and what didn't and apply that to the next game and work to improve . "
    The most important part of football aka the line play is LITERALLY worse than how it worked in the 16 bit and 64 bit versions of Madden.  The only good thing they have added in a decade is the hit stick and the passing cone then they took the passing cone out because cheesers cried too much.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OneManX
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @VWGTI said:
    Which is funny, b/c unlike Dynasty warriors, Madden does tend to add more to every game int he series. I have a friend who is gamer, who buys Madden every year and he is telling me about all the new bells and whistles and to show that, Madden changes what they do every year, one year the try enhancing the passing, they take what works and what didn't and apply that to the next game and work to improve . "
    The most important part of football aka the line play is LITERALLY worse than how it worked in the 16 bit and 64 bit versions of Madden.  The only good thing they have added in a decade is the hit stick and the passing cone then they took the passing cone out because cheesers cried too much. "
    The passing cone was hit or miss.

But as for the line play )D and O) in my time playing Madden worked fine, i don't know what you are expecting, it isn't easy to run up the middle or get sacks on ever play, just like in real football.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bhhawks78
    @OneManX said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @VWGTI said:
    The most important part of football aka the line play is LITERALLY worse than how it worked in the 16 bit and 64 bit versions of Madden.  The only good thing they have added in a decade is the hit stick and the passing cone then they took the passing cone out because cheesers cried too much. "
    The passing cone was hit or miss.  But as for the line play )D and O) in my time playing Madden worked fine, i don't know what you are expecting, it isn't easy to run up the middle or get sacks on ever play, just like in real football. "
    Maybe something beyond lulz level bad either defender runs over the lineman and is scot free 100% or is blocked and has no chance to do anything 100%.  Anyone who knows football knows the vast majority of the time reality of these situations is in the middle somewhere.  Not oh this is the one play out of X many plays my defensive lineman magically is unstoppable.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OneManX
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @VWGTI said:
    The passing cone was hit or miss.  But as for the line play )D and O) in my time playing Madden worked fine, i don't know what you are expecting, it isn't easy to run up the middle or get sacks on ever play, just like in real football. "
    Maybe something beyond lulz level bad either defender runs over the lineman and is scot free 100% or is blocked and has no chance to do anything 100%.  Anyone who knows football knows the vast majority of the time reality of these situations is in the middle somewhere.  Not oh this is the one play out of X many plays my defensive lineman magically is unstoppable. "
    As someone who played Linemen, yea it's random, but in a video game.. it's just a hard aspect of the game to recreate accurately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.