Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

MAG is $1 used at Gamestop right now

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Saw on a deal site that MAG is $1 used right now at Gamestop, dunno if it's temporary or they're just trying to clear them out, new copies are still $20. I walked into the Gamestop next to a Chipotle we went to for dinner, asked if they had any copies, and the guy was like, "Hmmm, let's see...32 actually."

So I bought 3 copies, 2 for me and my son to try out online together and another copy for a friend.

If $1 doesn't scream, "Time to jump in," I don't know what does. Of course, $1 might also mean, "They're about to take these servers offline,", but I like to think about a glass half full.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I remember having a lot of fun with this game but I've not played it probably since the year it was released, I wonder what it's like now.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I bought MAG when it came out and could never play for more than like 20 minutes without it freezing my PS3.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Ya know... Its still a head scratcher they actually went with "Massive Action Game" as the actual title of the game.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I spent a shit ton of hours playing this, I recommend you peeps all try it out.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it free to play anyway, with like level cap?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

@demoskinos said:

Ya know... Its still a head scratcher they actually went with "Massive Action Game" as the actual title of the game.

Well they didn't. It's just MAG, no where in the game does it say "Massive Action Game".

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By monetarydread

@zaccheus said:

@demoskinos said:

Well they didn't. It's just MAG, no where in the game does it say "Massive Action Game".

I always viewed the title for MAG the same as I view the name KFC. It might not technically be named Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it is still Kentucky Fried Chicken.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@zaccheus said:

@demoskinos said:

I always viewed it in the same was as KFC. It might not technically be named Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it is still Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Exactly. The Acronym stands for Massive Action Game. That just happens to abbreviate to something that is sort of catchy to say.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is online still active? I always wonder what happen to this game ever since Zipper entertainment shut down.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is online still active? I always wonder what happen to this game ever since Zipper entertainment shut down.

Apparently there's usually a couple of hundred people on during "normal gaming hours", according to some folks over on the Sony forum. I'm going to try and hop on a bit today at some point and try it out.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how active the game is? I thought it would be pretty much dead by now...

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

I would totally be all over this if I had a Gamestop anywhere near me. I have been wanting to pick this game up for quite some time.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Example1013

@zaccheus said:

@demoskinos said:

I always viewed the title for MAG the same as I view the name KFC. It might not technically be named Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it is still Kentucky Fried Chicken.

No, it's pretty different, as KFC is not legally able to refer to their food as chicken.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@monetarydread said:

@zaccheus said:

@demoskinos said:

No, it's pretty different, as KFC is not legally able to refer to their food as chicken.

You know what you're referring to is a hoax from like 2000 right? They changed their names because they offer other than fried stuff.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jams said:

@example1013 said:

@monetarydread said:

@zaccheus said:

@demoskinos said:

You know what you're referring to is a hoax from like 2000 right? They changed their names because they offer other than fried stuff.

Shh, why you gotta spoil my fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.