Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Tips for a guy jumping into MAG now.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Hey guys I'm thinking about getting MAG since it's $30 now and has Move support. So any tips for a guy just starting off? Also any etiquette I should know for the game like Starcraft 2's gg? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well if you can you should try and find a clan to join, maybe look around on the official forums. A lot of the people playing now are pretty damn good at the game so don't expect to own everyone like you would in COD.

Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winterblink

Get a med kit asap and equip it, as it will let you revive your teammates. You'll get a lot of XP for doing it, and it'll keep your team in the fight. Also, keep an eye out for what your commander has flagged as a target for you to deal with (upper left corner of screen). Going off solo will sometimes tick some squad commanders off. 

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Magicallystoopid

Get a couple hours free to download the updates... took me almost two hours overall putting it in the first time.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By CastroCasper

I figure I would bump this thread instead of making a new one. I have a sealed copy of MAG, is it worth cracking opening and playing after all this time? 

Follow up question: If so does it matter which faction I pick? I remember at the start, they were unbalanced. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.