Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is the second downloadable game in the CCG series offers new game modes, Planeswalker opponents, decks, and puzzle challenges.

Played 4 Hours Non-Stop Today - Artifact + Black Deck = Art

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools,

Eating some pizza from a local joint here in Philly, but I bet most of you have never had it, while I watch this fat chick talking about how people are bum rushing for tickets to the Casey Anthony trial. Kinda sad that we as a society want to watch a mother who just lost her child be put to death...but then I saw her neck fat and thought about what it would be like as a masturbatory tool for guys. That got me thinking about Magic 2012 and the games I played today with my new buddy I met yesterday. Ended up playing a few more rounds with the Blue/Green + Elf Combo, and then a couple more games with our new Artifact + Black Combo...ended up playing 4 games with it and haven't lost a single one yet.

No Caption Provided

Basic Structure of Artifact + Black Combo

• Artifact is there to build an army, you have so many tools to buff up all of your artifacts so play your cards in a certain order.
    • Low Mana is Good Mana, unlike other decks...the Artifact Deck doesn't need a high mana count and many artifacts let you play more artifacts for 1-3 less mana...making most Artifacts free to cast.
    • Artifact contains many counters, all you need is 2 islands or one or two swamps. You need those counters to save your Artifacts or prevent the other side from casting too strong too soon with the Piper bitch. AKA, Counter the Piper bitch.
    • Low Creatures is do-able. This deck isn't about making a vast army, just a small army of 4 creatures can fuck up anyone's day.
    • Black can get a lot of fliers, use them to their fullest abilities.
    • Black can get rid of a lot of creatures, use them on the stronger ones...the Artifact deck will constantly be buffing up the artifacts so you got nothing to fear.
    • Artifact + Black Fliers combined in attack are amazingly deadly, Artifact even has an instant that gains +1 for every artifact on your side so you can add it to Black's flier, which ends up being the better deal at the end.
    • More team-work than Blue/Green + Elf, with that deck you can solo it from one side with a really good hand...but this deck needs a lot more teamwork. The feeling of victory is fantastic though, coming off a bad hand...and then seeing the win after putting a lot of hard work with the moves.

Overall, it's not bad duo thus far. Only played four games with this combo, but all were close to flawless victories...so we are debated on if it's just bad players, bad luck on their ends, or our combined skill is just working out.

Pro-Tip, if a creature has protection from all colours...and you block with a creature to get +X in attack...it won't do anything. The Artifact will still be protected because your creature is of a colour. I had two people try that on me today and both times I burst out laughing wondering why he'd do that, and what he thought it'd bring fourth on the table.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of Magic 2012, more than likely will buy the Expansion decks assuming they are a reasonable price. The technical glitches aren't as bad and I can connect to a lot more games now, so no complaints thus far. As I stated earlier, I love playing Block seasons as it feels most balanced...so I got no problem with the limited deck construction in this game.

We also played one extra game of our classic team up, and this was the result...I think it turned out beautifully. :)

• No Caption Provided
    shamroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By shamroll

I own the previous version of Planeswalker so I want to know, how well does 2012 compare?  Can I build my own deck or are they all pre-constructed?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

@shamroll: You can REMOVE cards from the stock decks this time, and you have +16 cards on each deck to play with. The deck limit is still 60 cards at a minimum but the fact that they let you remove cards you don't need is a godsend. There's a lot more customization but nothing as fluid as MTGO. Then again, you are only paying 10 bucks for 10 decks plus 16 unlockable cards for each deck...so 160 unlockable cards total.

It's still not perfect and it's understandable due to MTGO making so much money. If you play Block Season, it's pretty much the same deal...everyone is going to have close to similar decks and only a few cards will be the difference.

shamroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By shamroll

That's nice that they added the ability to remove cards.  I still enjoy playing MTG but keeping current with Type 2 is expensive.  Planeswalker 2012 is still a lot cheaper than MTGO too so I'll consider it. 

Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.