Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Golf: World Tour

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 02, 2014

Mario Golf comes to 3DS and brings with it the return of the RPG-style singleplayer mode and the series debut for online multiplayer.

Mario please shut your mouth!

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so who else really hates the sounds that come out of each and every single character. Well maybe not the sounds themselves, but the frequency at which the sounds come spewing out of their mouths.

I hate how Mario (or whoever) is standing there telling me "lets a play!" 4-6 times before i even take my first swing. It's almost like Mario just wants you to hurry the eff up and hit the damned ball. It's super annoying and I couldn't see an option to shut them up.

A great example of this is when you finish a tournament and the three top characters are on the stage waving. They all wave and take turns saying their one specific phrase. Wario: "wahaahh!" beat. Mario: "wahoo!" beat. My Mii: "yaaaaay!" beat. And then it just loops. Forever. So weird.

Also, who else is super weirded out by the Mii sounds?

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i noticed in the quick look that toad makes incessant noises while on screen

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't this happen in all of these nintendo cross over style games? Mario Party, Gold, Kart, etc?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AMyggen

i noticed in the quick look that toad makes incessant noises while on screen

Yeah, Toad seemed to be the biggest offender in that QL. And yeah, I'm not a fan.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

The only one that bothers me is the generic Mii voice. It really freaks me out.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Mii voice is really creepy I think. The forced enthusiasm doesn't help.

Also yeah it's totally weird when you're on the podium and you hear the same 3 sound clips loop every 5 seconds.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meatsofevil

@jesus_phish: You're totally right, but I don't think it has been nearly this aggressive. I think whats weird about this case is that the sounds aren't really in context of what the character is doing. Usually Mario will say shit when he is actually doing something, like jumping or whatever Mario does. Hearing him just rattle off catch phrases while just standing there getting ready to swing a golf club is super dumb.

@billymagnum: I almost forgot about toad, that dude needs to calm down. Hearing toad's need to shout super enthusiastically every single time you hit the next dialogue reminds me of weird JRPGs. Where the characters talking will make gasping or grunting sounds at each screen of text instead of actually talking.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: I watched the QL and another video of it there and you're right, it's never been that bad. It reminds me of when Conan O'Brian met the guy who does Mario's voice and instead of talking to him, the Mario voice guy just kept rattling off lines of Mario dialogue. It was incredibly awkward looking.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By crithon

that's the problem with the mario non cannon series. They are made for little children not realize how dull their lives are. .... BUT the Mario & Luigi games they have that blabble voices which are AWESOME

Loading Video...

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Italian plumber on the golf course.

What did you guys expect?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@crithon said:

that's the problem with the mario non cannon series. They are made for little children not realize how dull their lives are. .... BUT the Mario & Luigi games they have that blabble voices which are AWESOME

Loading Video...

This was legitimately great, but yeah, the VO in the Mario series has been getting worse and worse since the GBA days. It was especially bad in Luigi's Mansion 2, E. Gadd is still awesome, but I want to punch Luigi in his stupid face.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: This just reminds me of all the things Vinny hated at Nintendo's last years E3 showing :P

Loading Video...

'Say what you will about Mussolini, he made the trains run on time!'

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT'S A-ME! MARIO!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe children w/o tinnitus can tolerate it easier? idk...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@razielcuts: there's some leaked video of it, trust me Vinny was right to be offended. I know Jeff Cannata also was offended by it. I think most of the complaint was that this used to be a gimick was on the show floor in the 90s E3 but here it as the center stage while bloggers waited for Reggie yelling at everyone "PLAY THE GAME!" Just made the wait really terrible when everyone at home was enjoying the live stream instead.

Loading Video...

Truckalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The voices are pretty obnoxious, but Luigi's is good, since he tends towards nervous mumbling and humming while lining up a shot (see: Luigi's Mansion 2)

#YearOfLuigiStillGoin'

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo got us addicted to their games when we were younger only to rape our ears for it when we grew up.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ater seriously hours of searching for this solution, let me say here that if you decide to switch to Manual controls, from Simple, that you absolutely need to quit to the Main Menu and navigate to the Toad's Booth option. Without it, you're fucking winging the best part of the game. And no, once you enter story mode, there's no hint that you should back out to the main menu to learn the fucking basics of your control scheme.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.