Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Contest of Champions

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 10, 2014

Marvel Contest of Champions is a touch-based fighting game where Marvel heroes and villains clash.

Giant Bomb Alliance

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
    thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's surprising to realise I've been playing this game for around 9 months now. I'm not sure why that is, I'm not even sure that I can objectively recommend it, but 9 months later, here we are.

Anyhow, for anyone's who's interested, we have a Giant Bomb alliance in the game, Giant Bomb Heavy Industries, that you're welcome to join if you have been playing or are interested in starting to play this ridiculous game.

Alliance size is limited to 30 players, but I'll be kicking some inactive players over the next day or so, meaning there're a few places available.

Interesting facts - Out of our current 29 members, seemingly only 5 of us hail from Giant Bomb. There are 3 other Giant Bomb related alliances - Giant Bomb Duders - Giant Bombers - GiantBomb. Searching for Giant Bomb also returns the GiantDongClub alliance amongst the search results.

Gameplay wise it's just a 2d fighting game on iPhone, using taps, swipes and hold to control. Beyond this, the actual game (a bit like destiny) is collecting new champions through random crystals which are awarded for completing quests/bought with units (which can also be bought with real money), and then levelling them up using various resources, in order to facilitate repeating this cycle indefinitely.

They've introduced alliance quests and stuff now which has made it more collaborative and interesting, and as far as stupid energy based phone games go, I've got to say I really like it.

anaardvark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By anaardvark

Finally got round to checking out this post and as a current member of said alliance, I am also invested in looking for other regularly playing members.

Also, I agree with everything said above. It's a ridiculous game with a crazy amount of grinding, yet somehow it's fun enough that I can't stop playing.

Also, protip: Don't buy anything. I did (twice) and got screwed by poor randomized rolls. There is no need, you get plenty of stuff just playing it daily.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
    thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I just realised I forgot to mention the most important thing about this game - the numbers go up. GOTY.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

What happened to the group's leadership? Totes keep losing them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.