Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

17 days to Mass Effect 2!

Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dafub

The wait is killing me

Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dafub

The wait is killing me

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#2  Edited By EpicBenjamin
    @Dafub said:
    " The wait is killing me "
    Yup, can't wait.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

Same here, I pre-ordered yesterday, got a ton of schoolwork to do before that :(

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

Indeed.  I just pre-ordered my copy last week.  ^__^

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @Dafub said:
    "The wait is killing me "

Can I have your copy when you die?
    alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By alsnuts2

I am going to bury my self in the snow to freeze myself because I cant stand the wait

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By essaregee

17 days? Oh I see, you must be in Europe. 
    14 days for us in NA.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Yep, just 2 more weeks here.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penguindust

Pre-ordered my copy a few days ago from Amazon.  Used my $20 MW2 pre-order credit and then got a new $10 credit added on to my next game purchase.  Anyway, after watching the newest ME2 trailer for the tattooed lady, I was left wondering about the number of disagreeable badasses in the party now.  Grunt (Krogan) tells us he enjoys fighting, Sub-zero (tattoo lady) says she was made for killing, and Thane (green assassin) claims he is a master of the killing arts.  Miranda (human female) is disagreeable to say the least, but she seems workable if not trustworthy.  That leaves Samara (Asari) and Tali.  The blue alien says she will be your (Shepard) right hand, and I expect Tali will be, well Tali from ME1 only more experienced and worldly.  I guess the question I am asking is how will my paragon skewed Shepard interact with these (mostly) cut-throats and ne'er-do-wells?  I'm not complaining, I'm just as eager as everyone to see how it pans out. 

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust said:

" Pre-ordered my copy a few days ago from Amazon.  Used my $20 MW2 pre-order credit and then got a new $10 credit added on to my next game purchase.  Anyway, after watching the newest ME2 trailer for the tattooed lady, I was left wondering about the number of disagreeable badasses in the party now.  Grunt (Krogan) tells us he enjoys fighting, Sub-zero (tattoo lady) says she was made for killing, and Thane (green assassin) claims he is a master of the killing arts.  Miranda (human female) is disagreeable to say the least, but she seems workable if not trustworthy.  That leaves Samara (Asari) and Tali.  The blue alien says she will be your (Shepard) right hand, and I expect Tali will be, well Tali from ME1 only more experienced and worldly.  I guess the question I am asking is how will my paragon skewed Shepard interact with these (mostly) cut-throats and ne'er-do-wells?  I'm not complaining, I'm just as eager as everyone to see how it pans out.  "

Thane doesn't seem like a badass.  He simply is an expert assassin, and says he usually kills bad people in fact.  I see him as a guy a Paragon Shepard could roll with (of course a Renegade could as well but he doesn't seem evil by any means).  Grunt possibly as well.  Just because he likes to fight doesn't mean he's gotta be evil you know?  Give him the right fights to engage in.  He seems somewhat similar to Wrex and I had him in my party as a Paragon guy. Subject Zero seems over the top badass though, I'm not sure how she'll turn out.  

And haven't we not seen every party member as well?   I'm pretty sure there are a few yet to be revealed.

EDIT:  Just thought of one Paragon leaning character you didn't mention - Jacob, the star of that ME iPhone game is in the game.  Haven't seen him in any videos but I've read he's definitely in there.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Ahh man I ain't been this excited for a game since Final Fantasy X.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jadeskye

17 days for me, been rocking back and forth for a while. 

The wait is excruciating!

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By DarkPredatorUK

pre-ordered a while back, the wait is killing me! playing through ME1 again just to tide me over....

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I've been rushing the hell out of ME1 trying to get the 'perfect' characters and choices ready for pt2; I just hope I can make it in time.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By penguindust
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud:   You think there will be more than 6?  I listed the 6 I know of and since there were 6 in the original game, I assumed there that we've seen everyone who Shepard will roll with.  I agree that Thane could go either way.  He might be cut from the "world weary" personality archetype.  But, Grunt still seems like a badass to me.  "If he tells me to stop, I'll stop...eventually."  Like I said, I'm not complaining.  It's just something I've noticed in the trailers.  Of course, the linking teaser "the Dirty Dozen" suggests that these will not be sociable people anyway.  I think that's why I am curious to see if the path of justice can rehabilitate any of them or will they just grow more disagreeable over time.  

Over in Dragon Age: Origins, the Morrigan character is usually at odds with my paragon-like mage.  I'm still playing that, so I don't know how my altruistic decisions impact her negative personality.  I'll eventually see, but her reactions and the tone of the characters in ME2's trailers made me wonder if I'd be dealing with an entire party of her.
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust said:
    " @Stephen_Von_Cloud:   You think there will be more than 6?  I listed the 6 I know of and since there were 6 in the original game, I assumed there that we've seen everyone who Shepard will roll with.  I agree that Thane could go either way.  He might be cut from the "world weary" personality archetype.  But, Grunt still seems like a badass to me.  "If he tells me to stop, I'll stop...eventually."  Like I said, I'm not complaining.  It's just something I've noticed in the trailers.  Of course, the linking teaser "the Dirty Dozen" suggests that these will not be sociable people anyway.  I think that's why I am curious to see if the path of justice can rehabilitate any of them or will they just grow more disagreeable over time.    Over in Dragon Age: Origins, the Morrigan character is usually at odds with my paragon-like mage.  I'm still playing that, so I don't know how my altruistic decisions impact her negative personality.  I'll eventually see, but her reactions and the tone of the characters in ME2's trailers made me wonder if I'd be dealing with an entire party of her. "
    Jacob is in the game 100%, so yeah there are at least more than that 6.

And Morrigan has been at odd with me in my DA game, but she still loves me and wants to get it on.  Women are easy to sway with gifts lol.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    Women are easy to sway with gifts lol.
    This made me laugh. ;-)
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee
    @PenguinDust:
    III think theres 10 party members in total? Least thats the amount of silhouette I spot during the character trailers when they introduce them.
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

Women are easy to sway with gifts lol.
    This made me laugh. ;-)
    "
    Even funnier because Morrigan actually likes jewelry haha.

@Abyssfull said:
    " @PenguinDust: III think theres 10 party members in total? Least thats the amount of silhouette I spot during the character trailers when they introduce them. "

Ah nice work.   Probably our best answer til we get our hands on the game.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Mrnitropb

argh 10 days

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.