Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Disc Installation

Avatar image for godzillavsjapan
    GodzillaVsJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GodzillaVsJapan

Just got this game and I am loving it so far. But I was wondering if it is possible to install both discs onto the HD so I won't have to switch them out while playing. thanks

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @GodzillaVsJapan said:
    " Just got this game and I am loving it so far. But I was wondering if it is possible to install both discs onto the HD so I won't have to switch them out while playing. thanks "
    Unless the game is specifically designed to not use disc 2 after installing (like Forza 3) you will still have to swap discs like you normally would.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sanryd
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @GodzillaVsJapan said:
    " Just got this game and I am loving it so far. But I was wondering if it is possible to install both discs onto the HD so I won't have to switch them out while playing. thanks "
    Unless the game is specifically designed to not use disc 2 after installing (like Forza 3) you will still have to swap discs like you normally would. "
    This is exactly right, but you shouldn't have to switch them out more than a couple of times, if I remember correctly.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Disc 2 is the meat of the game. Disc 1 is the beginning and the end. So only 2 switches.

Avatar image for godzillavsjapan
    GodzillaVsJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GodzillaVsJapan

That's unfortunate, I was hoping it was similar to Forza 3. Oh well it's good to hear there isn't too much switching thanks guys

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bibledoctor
    @xyzygy said:
    " Disc 2 is the meat of the game. Disc 1 is the beginning and the end. So only 2 switches. "
    On a side note I was pleased that they did it this way. I was expecting to have to swap out the disc mid cinematic halfway through the game.

Anyways its already been answered but installing the discs to your 360 HD will do little to nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.