Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

DLC

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whipperdasher

does anyone know how many more DLC's will be released for ME2?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @whipperdasher: If I remember correct, I read somewhere that Lair was only the first in a series of dlc that link ME2 and ME3.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Brendan
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @whipperdasher: If I remember correct, I read somewhere that Lair was only the first in a series of dlc that link ME2 and ME3. "

Really?  I thought Lair was supposed to be the last.  Are you saying I should now get my hopes up for more DLC? ;)
    nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @whipperdasher: If I remember correct, I read somewhere that Lair was only the first in a series of dlc that link ME2 and ME3. "
    This is true.  They haven't announced how many, but the rest are going to be story-centered like lair.  It's supposed to ramp up to ME3.
    InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By InKtOiD

They'll be releasing at least one or two more. They have gone on to record and said, Lair is the FIRST DLC to begin the expansion of Mass Effect 2 to 3.  

Mass Effect 3 is "predicted" to be released the first quarter of 2012, seeing how they said it is along the same time frame of the sequels release. 

I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the ending of the trilogy comes out if they haven't released up to 3 other DLC packs that build on Mass Effect 2.

whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whipperdasher

aaah cheers all... hopefully the next one will be wrex centred one! tho i could see it being more about ashley as she barely came up

Horry43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Horry43
    @InKtOiD said:
    " They'll be releasing at least one or two more. They have gone on to record and said, Lair is the FIRST DLC to begin the expansion of Mass Effect 2 to 3.   Mass Effect 3 is "predicted" to be released the first quarter of 2012, seeing how they said it is along the same time frame of the sequels release.  I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the ending of the trilogy comes out if they haven't released up to 3 other DLC packs that build on Mass Effect 2. "
    Hopefully with a reveal E3 2011.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nintendoeats

this sucks. I was looking forward to getting all of this stuff in ME3, now I've lost my S-rank and I don't want to shell out 30 more bucks for little pieces like this.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InKtOiD
    @Horry43 said:
    " @InKtOiD said:

Hopefully with a reveal E3 2011. "
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did some sort of reveal to correspond with the release of Dragon Age 2
    nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @InKtOiD said:
    " @Horry43 said:
    " @InKtOiD said:

Hopefully with a reveal E3 2011. "
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did some sort of reveal to correspond with the release of Dragon Age 2 "
    Yeah maybe a bonus trailer included or something like that.
    InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InKtOiD

I'm more curious over the fact they actually said they're going to be adding additional RPG elements into the third game. Seeing how they made some cuts from the first to second, it comes as a surprise that they're going to bulk up the RPG aspect.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @InKtOiD: Would be nice if they did.  I'd like to see more RPG elements to Mass Effect 3.
    InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InKtOiD
    @nirokogaseru: 
    The first had a lot of RPG elements. The second took some away but not enough that you missed them.
    I'm sure the third is going to have the best of both worlds so to speak.
    nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nirokogaseru
    @InKtOiD said:
    " @nirokogaseru:  The first had a lot of RPG elements. The second took some away but not enough that you missed them. I'm sure the third is going to have the best of both worlds so to speak. "
    The First had plenty, and the second abbreviated the elements of the first, but I would like to see a deeper element of character development.
    whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By whipperdasher
    @nirokogaseru:  yeah definatly the character development in 2 was so different was annoying really.

@nintendoeats: yeah i hate getting DLC, like with assassins creed 2 why should i pay to open up a part of the city thats already there on the god damn game. but the mass effect 2 DLC is definatly worth it so fun!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By nintendoeats
    @whipperdasher: Thats not what I mean. My issue is that When I bought ME2, it was with the expectation that ME3 would wrap up any strings left dangling. Now I have dropped a good 50 bucks on the game (30 bucks for the disc, and 20 for the DLC) and I STILL have an incomplete package. I don't mind ancillary stuff like Kasumi and Overlord, which has no direct bearing on the story, but I had sex with Liara dammit, I don't want to have to pay more than the cost of ME3 to finish her storyline!!!

Game devs don't seem to realize that DLC devalues the original package.
    whipperdasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By whipperdasher
    @nintendoeats:  yeah i see what you mean, i was a bit annoyed they left liara out all together and why the couldnt just include that storyline in 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.