Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

DLC not available in my country, help needed.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

So, I decided to go thru ME1 and then import that character to ME2 and at the end have a character ready for ME3... 

From the GOTY bombcasts I got the impression it would be cool to buy DLC for ME2, I rarely buy any DLC at all, but I was going to make an exception. I got the collector's edition of the game, so I got the DLC included for the members of the Cerberus network, but I can not download Shadow Broker, because its not available in my country (Czech Republic). In marketplace interface it doesn't even show up. I can see it in ME2 menu, but when I click it, it says the content is not aviable.  

Does this mean there is no way for me to get this DLC, untill they release it here (which will probably never happen, because we are too small market for anyone to care)?

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By yevinorion

Unfortunately, I think you might be boned. I get that with a lot of content too where I live (The Bahamas), but was able to get ME2 stuff. For me it's happened with like Gears of War DLC and I couldn't even get the Crackdown 1 demo back in the day. It's kinda hit or miss, but I feel for you bro. Not sure if there's a way around it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah, if you have a PS3 you might be able to just get that version since it will have all the DLC cooked in.  That is if they decide to publish it over there, but otherwise you're probably out of luck.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Quipido said:
    " So, I decided to go thru ME1 and then import that character to ME2 and at the end have a character ready for ME3...   From the GOTY bombcasts I got the impression it would be cool to buy DLC for ME2, I rarely buy any DLC at all, but I was going to make an exception. I got the collector's edition of the game, so I got the DLC included for the members of the Cerberus network, but I can not download Shadow Broker, because its not available in my country (Czech Republic). In marketplace interface it doesn't even show up. I can see it in ME2 menu, but when I click it, it says the content is not aviable.     Does this mean there is no way for me to get this DLC, untill they release it here (which will probably never happen, because we are too small market for anyone to care)? "
    Which platform?
    Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Scapegoat

If you are on the 360, you can also create a Windows Live/Xbox Live US account which will allow you to purchase from the US marketplace. Grab some points from an online store and your good to go! 

This works a treat for me, letting me buy Rock Band Network songs even though the store will most likely never open here (boo).

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Chris2KLee

You can create a US account and try it way, but be warned it is not a 100% thing. MS or whoever sometimes just plain locks stuff out. For example, I live in Japan, but I can't buy or even download the demo for Dead Rising: Case West or Case Zero. I have to use the Japanese store, which sucks because it's more expensive (at lease for case zero). Again, it's a crap shoot, and you might get lucky or you might get locked out totally.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By niamahai

try this 

http://ianmarmour.wordpress.com:80/2009/10/18/bypass-xbox-live-region-lock/

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By niamahai
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " You can create a US account and try it way, but be warned it is not a 100% thing. MS or whoever sometimes just plain locks stuff out. For example, I live in Japan, but I can't buy or even download the demo for Dead Rising: Case West or Case Zero. I have to use the Japanese store, which sucks because it's more expensive (at lease for case zero). Again, it's a crap shoot, and you might get lucky or you might get locked out totally. "
    can you logoff the US Live A/C and then use your region locked Live A/C to access the content?
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @niamahai said:
    " @Chris2KLee said:
    " You can create a US account and try it way, but be warned it is not a 100% thing. MS or whoever sometimes just plain locks stuff out. For example, I live in Japan, but I can't buy or even download the demo for Dead Rising: Case West or Case Zero. I have to use the Japanese store, which sucks because it's more expensive (at lease for case zero). Again, it's a crap shoot, and you might get lucky or you might get locked out totally. "
    can you logoff the US Live A/C and then use your region locked Live A/C to access the content? "
    You should be able to, as the MS usually ties DLC at both the user end and system end, so if it's on the system it's purchased on it should be available.
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quipido

Thanks everyone for will to help. I spent like 2 hours trying to follow different tutorials to fake my location by connecting x360 to PC and then share connection to internet... as said in tutorials found above... I did everything right, but it still wont let me purchase the content. 

As for creating an account for a different country - I was using GB account for years (MS only made Czech accounts aviable this year) and even if i saw all the content in the marketplace, when I clicked some of it, it wouldnt let me proceed. So if I create another accont for lets say USA, I am afraid i still wont be able to purchase the content. And even if I would, It would be tied to this new profile and the current console so I could loose it in the future, if i I will replace this xbox. I dont really have any experience with this, I know arcade games are set to "trial mode" untill it is on the same console as purchased or you are signed in with profile, which made the transaction. How does this work for DLC? If i succesfully buy the content on USA account and just dump it on memory stick, will any frofile be able to play it on any console, as long as the memory stick is pugged in?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.