Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Games like Mass Effect/Star Wars but with controllable space ship

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

LOVED Mass Effect 1 and 2 but part of me wishes we could actually take part in those Normandy ship battles. I know there are a lot of Star Wars space combat games (Rogue Squadran, X-Wing, etc.) but I'm looking for a game that marries ground combat/exploration and space combat/exploration. 

Doesn't have to be Star Wars. Any ideas?
    Traegan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Traegan

Off the top of my head, I believe battlefront 2 had FPS + space combat elements on certain maps.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Master_Funk
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By RainVillain

Haven't tried Crack in Time, will give it a shot!

I played Battlefront back in the day, but wasn't story-heavy enough for me..
    MystDragon3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MystDragon3k

I want another good Star Fox game.

Just sayin.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tourgen
    @bigmuffpi:  kinda my dream game but it seems no one has really made one.  The closest I've ever found is the extremely old and buggy Frontier.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @bigmuffpi:  I know what you mean but I have a feeling they have also thought about it but maybe didnt know how to make it great so they left it out and thats ok with me.  There is however Mass Effect 3.....
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2....

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Axersia
    Star Control II is pretty much a DOS version of Mass Effect 2 and allows you to battle enemy ships shoot 'em up style. No ground exploration though unless you count driving around a vehicle to collect resources from planets (like I said, a DOS version of Mass Effect 2).

Star Fox Adventures and Kingdom Hearts I & II all allow you to travel from planet to planet by way of on-rail shooter space combat, but that's probably not what you're looking for.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Axersia said:
    " Star Control II is pretty much a DOS version of Mass Effect 2 and allows you to battle enemy ships shoot 'em up style. No ground exploration though unless you count driving around a vehicle to collect resources from planets (like I said, a DOS version of Mass Effect 2).Star Fox Adventures and Kingdom Hearts I & II all allow you to travel from planet to planet by way of on-rail shooter space combat, but that's probably not what you're looking for. "
    You can now download Star Control II totally free because the dudes who originally made it, Toys for Bob, open sourced the 3DO version (arguably the best release too).  It's now called The Ur-Quan Masters and it's free for Windows, Mac and Linux.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Donos

That there would be Freelancer 2, until they canned it and shut the developer down *sniff*

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By captain_clayman

kingdom hearts :P (except for the part where it's not like star wars at all)

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By veektarius

Halo Reach, obviously!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By demonbear
    @bigmuffpi said:

" LOVED Mass Effect 1 and 2 but part of me wishes we could actually take part in those Normandy ship battles. I know there are a lot of Star Wars space combat games (Rogue Squadran, X-Wing, etc.) but I'm looking for a game that marries ground combat/exploration and space combat/exploration.  Doesn't have to be Star Wars. Any ideas?
    "

Well the obvious answer to this would be Star Trek Online but i'm guessing you mean a single player game. I've been looking around for such a game myself and never found one. Its always either action game in a sci fi setting or a space sim where you see your character only in a dialog window but these 2 concepts rarely cross apparantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.