Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

In a dilemma on which version.

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrisovc

I played the original mass effect on my 360 a few years back and highly enjoyed it. I do not have the save file anymore do to a corrupt hard drive. I never played mass effect 2 yet, always put it on my games to play but just never got around to it. I finally have some time to play it since nothing else is really coming out but it seems I have a few choices now. I played and completed mass effect 1 so I know the story and my choices, So hearing the Ps3 version has the motion comic and such makes sense to me since I wouldn't have to go back and play the original mass effect to get the full over arching story of it. Tho the PC version also has my interest. I have a good PC to run mass effect on high settings, so I'm assuming it will look and run better with smoother frame rate plus being able to get a save file online is a plus. But having a 42inch 1080p Tv is also tempting since mass effect has a lot of conversations and dossiers to read, wouldn't mind just sitting back and watching/going through all that with more comfort.   

So in your opinion, what is the best way to experience mass effect 2?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

At this point? PS3. Then PC. No point with the Xbox version any more.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

I have both the 360 and the PC version, and I enjoyed the PC version a helluva lot more.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Sooty
    @AlexW00d said:

" At this point? PS3. Then PC. No point with the Xbox version any more. "

Yes, get the PS3 version, the one with bad screen tearing that will also be priced at the full $60, despite the fact it can be had on 360 and PC for far cheaper. 

I have a PS3 and all but really, the PS3 version is NOT the one to get. 

Edit: and no the included DLC doesn't really make up for the price difference.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By l4wd0g

The PS3 version will be running on the Mass Effect 3 engine, so it will look significantly better. The interactive comic that will be used to establish your fictional Mass Effect (1) play through will be very useful if you want to make different choices and run through all of the games multiple times. 

But it is cheaper on 360. 

Whatever system you chose, you should really play Mass Effect 2.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warxsnake

If your rig is good, PC, you will have the widest variety of ways to play it (controller / K/M, modding, cheap on steam)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @warxsnake said:
    " If your rig is good, PC, you will have the widest variety of ways to play it (controller / K/M, modding, cheap on steam) "
    and graphics 

boom !  why is the PC so awesome ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.