Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Jack and Zaeed loyalties *SPOILERS*

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MushroomSamba

I'm entering the final stretch of the game now (about to enter omega relay to chase after the Collectors), and I really wanted a completely loyal team. Can anyone tell me if I blew it with Zaeed and Jack?

With Jack, I ended up siding with Miranda during their little spat, and now she's pissed at me, despite doing her loyalty mission. When I talk to her in her room, there's paragon/renegade option that I still can't select yet ("It was lip service"/"I like you angry")...will choosing one get me back in favor with her again?

And for Zaeed, I started his mission immediately after talking to him on Omega. I chose the paragon route to save the innocent workers and his target ended up getting away. Was that his loyalty mission, and did I screw it up by not helping him get his revenge?

Without giving up big spoilers, will all this botch my attempt to save all my crew?

roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roscoe

nah dont think you messed up zaeed, and for jack just get your paragon/renegade meter full

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @roscoe: Thanks. I'm about 3/4 of the way to full paragon, but I doubt there'll be many more chances to fill it up. So maybe it's a little too late for Jack, but it sounds like I'll still have a chance to salvage Zaeed.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

Well, at the end of Zaeed's loyalty mission, if you did the paragon thing, did you choose the paragon conversation option after he got stuck under the falling debris? If not, then he won't ever become loyal.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By maxszy

Don't know for Zaeed but for Jack, if you can't select it then you're in trouble. I had the opposite happen in my play through, went for Jack and pissed of Miranda. Even if you have already done their mission, if you can't get through to them in that particular conversation when Jack and Miranda are going at it, then whoever you piss off you lose their loyalty. Sadly I have bad news there as from what I hear, the only way to get it back is if you have 100% paragon or renegade. So.. sadly, yeah think you lost that loyalty.

Oh the ramifications of choice are awesome! (Disappointing/frustrating maybe too :-P)

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @roscoe said:
    " nah dont think you messed up zaeed, and for jack just get your paragon/renegade meter full "
    Dosent need to be 100%. 70% will do just fine (Renegade cuz she likes that) Im assuming 100% only applies to Paragon because then your a pussy.
    MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @Jeffsekai: Hah, I sorta went the pussy route. Actually, I like to play my first run through just answering honestly, without a particular paragon/renegade status in mind. At this point, my paragon levels are about 75% and my renegade is 40% or so.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @MushroomSamba said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Hah, I sorta went the pussy route. Actually, I like to play my first run through just answering honestly, without a particular paragon/renegade status in mind. At this point, my paragon levels are about 75% and my renegade is 40% or so. "
    Then until you get them higher your kinda fucked. just don't assign her anything important and you should be fine.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By spazmaster666
    @MushroomSamba said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Hah, I sorta went the pussy route. Actually, I like to play my first run through just answering honestly, without a particular paragon/renegade status in mind. At this point, my paragon levels are about 75% and my renegade is 40% or so. "
    Is your paragon level beyond the third line? If it is, that should be sufficient to regain Jack's royalty. You definitely don't need 100%.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maxszy
    @MushroomSamba: Yar that's what I did and do my first playthrough. I just go through it and answer my gut reaction, what I actually would instead of worry about points. While I definitely go more Paragon than renegade, still got mixed up enough that I couldn't use the paragon or renegade option in numerous conversations later on.
    MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @spazmaster666: Yeah, my paragon levels just breach the 3rd line, but I still can't activate the conversation. I'm really hoping it doesn't have to be 100%, though.

@Maxszy: Yeah, I usually save the paragon/renegade runs for after my first playthrough just to see the different conversation possibilities. I wish there wasn't a handicap for playing true to yourself though...maybe ME3 will find someway to reward people who are more 50/50 on their good/bad status as well.
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By MildMolasses

Don't worry about it. Even if they are loyal, they can still die at the end. I had a 100% loyal crew, and I still lost 3. Just play through it and if you're really bummed out, try to correct the mistakes on a second playthrough
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Demyx

The only way to keep everyone alive is to have a lot of loyal peeps, and then make sure you choose the right people for the right job.

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By rohanspear345

yea u totally gotta let zaeed kill vito hes not a paragon u are! plus u miss a totally awesome torching classic zippo toss onto gasoline replaced with the thermal catridge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.