Just noticed something...

#1 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Probably fairly inconsequential, but Tali has a dagger on her left leg. 

So why doesn't she ever use it? Also leads me to think how cool it would be if in ME3 each character had a melee weapon that they could use in close combat, maybe even allowing them to perform sync kills. 
#2 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Tali isn't really a close quarters fighter. I'd assume she'd only use it as a last resort when cornered.

Also good eye, I never noticed that.
#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Possibly related to the Quarian religion. Probably not.

#5 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

they were going to have dedicated , strong, melee attacks in ME2 instead of the shoulder butt but that didn't happen. Maybe the squad was meant ot have one, I mean Grunt has one where he charges into a crowd

YAY 3,000 posts!!!!

#6 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

She also has a finely crafted ass.  I do support the idea of melee weapons/kills.  The little melee shove animation is kinda lame, would be cooler to bust a knife out and stab a dude in the throat.

#7 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

For stabbing reapers.  Do not question its effectiveness or lack thereof.

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11941 posts) -

It's a letter opener :o

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Generally when you put a knife that far down it's a last resort weapon for situations when you find yourself cornered or even tackled. That would fit with her kind of survival tactics.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" Tali isn't really a close quarters fighter. I'd assume she'd only use it as a last resort when cornered.

"
You crazy? She uses a shotgun. That's close range. 
#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" Tali isn't really a close quarters fighter. I'd assume she'd only use it as a last resort when cornered.

"
You crazy? She uses a shotgun. That's close range.  "
I always saw that as just for use when people got up in her face. I had her rocking a pistol most of the game.
#12 Posted by DTKT (115 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" She also has a finely crafted ass.  I do support the idea of melee weapons/kills.  The little melee shove animation is kinda lame, would be cooler to bust a knife out and stab a dude in the throat. "
I bolded the important part.
#13 Posted by jakkblades (404 posts) -
@DTKT
That would be the trademark Bioware touch. See 
http://www.giantbomb.com/miranda-lawson/94-13205/.
#14 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
"It's a letter opener :o "
Well, you know that will come in handy when the attack on Earth officially unfolds :P
#15 Posted by Yummylee (21652 posts) -

I'm sorry, I couldn't make it past the middle area... dose thighs

Seriously though, wonder if she may actually make use in ME3 with the games improved and more expansive melee combat?
#16 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Abyssfull: I think they actually mentioned something about improved melee in the previews, so that makes me happy. 
#17 Edited by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I want some actual stealth missions, maybe liken it to Uncharted. Don't make it a main component of the game but enough to be able to execute it in a believable manner. I mean look at this:

Oh wait, what are we talking about?
Yeah, I remember seeing that thing on Tali's leg. Could be a popsicle though, or a popsicle paste, or whatever those quarians like to eat.
#18 Posted by DTKT (115 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" I want some actual stealth missions, maybe liken it to Uncharted. Don't make it a main component of the game but enough to be able to execute it in a believable manner. I mean look at this:
Yeah, I remember seeing that thing on Tali's leg. Could be a popsicle though, or a popsicle paste, or whatever those quarians like to eat. "
Did someone invent that?

Can we do this now?

An ankle Popsicle mini-refrigerator.
#19 Posted by Flap_jackson (92 posts) -

Just when I thought she couldn't be hotter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.