Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

mass effect 2 100% player1.prt file

Avatar image for deactivated-5add09f309aed
    deactivated-5add09f309aed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi!

I just bought ME2 on pc during the steam sales, and was wondering if anyone had a 100% player1.prf file with all achievements (including those from arrival

If you have all ME2 pc achievements, but don't know WHERE they are stored, it's here:

Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\BIOGame\Profile

thanks! ;D

EDIT: PROOF that I unlocked everything on the 360 version, and I just want to have what I had on the 360, when ME3 comes out, and buy it for the PC.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/darksan00/games/

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By RawknRo11a

why not earn them... whats the point of buying the game if not to experience it (and Mass Effect 2 is a hell of a game)

NeutralDensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NeutralDensity

You know what you should do?  Play the game.  Why the heck did you even buy it in the first place?  :(

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Chris2KLee

I'd check Gamefaqs, the usually have game save files available. If you're expecting a boost from having all the achievements, it's not actually that big. I think you get cash and the choice of an extra power at the start for having that stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RawknRo11a said:

why not earn them... whats the point of buying the game if not to experience it (and Mass Effect 2 is a hell of a game)

@NeutralDensity said:
    You know what you should do?  Play the game.  Why the heck did you even buy it in the first place?  :(
    Guess I shoudl've made this one point apparent: I had it on 360, but not anymore. Check my profile and you'll see a 100% for ME2 on 360 with all achievements.

All that remains are some side quests on my vanguard and infiltrator files, which I successfully transferred to the pc with some tools from the bioware forums.

So, yeah, i got all of them, just not on the pc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chris2KLee: already checked gamefaqs. Didn't find anything, but I found somewhere else a file with everything BUT the arrival achievements, which is sad because all my files have arrival "done".

Everything but miscelleanous sidequests, some planet mining, and galaxy map percentage is done.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany
    DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

I S ranked mass effect 2 (on Xbox)
    NeutralDensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeutralDensity
    @darksan00: The point you just made makes it a little more understandable, but I still think it is a lie if you do it that way.  If you loved the game, play through it again.  If you don't, play something else.  It somehow seems dirty to me, even if you did get them before.  It feels unfair, considering the other players that did get those legitimately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany said:

.http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

They also have a site for faces.

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/

for better and worse, the file used for achievements is one called profile.prf located on a different folder from the save file. The ones on that site don't have the achievements, with good reason: they are meant for importing. Some people WOULD try to get all achievements to show off. i don't. I just want whatever bonus ME3 gives should I have all achievements, after all I already did what DEMONOLOGY_24 did. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeutralDensity said:
    @darksan00: The point you just made makes it a little more understandable, but I still think it is a lie if you do it that way.  If you loved the game, play through it again.  If you don't, play something else.  It somehow seems dirty to me, even if you did get them before.  It feels unfair, considering the other players that did get those legitimately.
    go check my profile. I mean, I understand if someone was like I made it look like from the beginning. And yeah, loved ME2 to death, but I will probably not have time to play it again. beat it 3 times already with different characters and such. 

As for evidence, I would post a screenshot, but there would be an excuse like "shopped", so checking out my giantbomb profile would make it more believable. 

All I want is what I had on the 360, so i can sell it, because it's become a halo/me machine, and I got ME on the PC now. 

Besides, there will most likely be some sort of bonus for unlocking ME2 achievements on ME3.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Wow, you suck for doing that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rolyatkcinmai: read the whole thread
    NeutralDensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeutralDensity
    @darksan00: I feel like I can believe you in that regard.  However still, if you did not get those pc achievements playing on pc, than you should not get those.  But then again, it feels like a very slippery slope.  It is times like this when I wish that all achievement and trophy accounts can be all linked together on your game save so that you do not have to play the same game twice on different devices.  I can definitely see where you are coming from and I will not blame you for doing that.  I just wish that people should not have to do that when they have already legitimately played through the game before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeutralDensity: yeah well, the problem lies in the fact that I didn't make it clear that I had already played through ME2 many times before, along with evidence, so I initially seemed to be just a lazy ass. I too wish I didn't have to ask for this thing, I would personally "delete"all of my achievements on the 360, in order to get them on the pc, if that was possible. And it kind of is by editing some files, but I don't think it's a good Idea, and I would probably end up with a buggy game or needing to download everything from steam and the EA store (DLC) again. No thanks. 

And it might be "easier" to just tell someone to play the game (although they all should add the word "again"), but when there's lots of priorities which far outweight gaming, playing a game many times is not so simple. Not even if you loved it enough to play it 3 times already.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@darksan00 said:

Again? Because I'm pretty sure I did it well enough the first time.

No thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@darksan00 said:

No thanks.

then why do I suck?

moving from 360 to pc, and not being able to change all the achievements? If I could, I would, not that I care for xbox live anymore and it's overpriced "features". But I can't, so I ask whoever can do me the favor, it's not like I never player, beat, nor unlocked the achievements, and it's not like I had a good pc by the time ME2 came out. 

I don't have the time to invest 30 hours on a game I beat 3 times already, regardless of how much I loved it. 

But yeah, it's good to know people can be assholes even on the more so called "mature" communities like giantbomb.
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By babblinmule
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

@darksan00 said:

No thanks.

I don't really want to get in the middle of this, but why does he suck for doing that? There doesn't seem to be anything inherently wrong with it, and he listed perfectly valid reasons for it.
    DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DAFTPUNK

just go play the game

migelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By migelite

Leave darksan00 alone :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.