Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Not many armors in the game.

Pathogenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Pathogenocide

The only thing I 'am disappointed about was that they made a big deal about armor costumization and now when I play the game there are barely any armor pieces for me to buy. I seriously have been wearing the same thing all game, aside from a helmet or arm change. I have the special armors like the Collector, Terminus and Blood Dragon but I really like fixing up my own unique armor better. I heard the armors are level based but here I 'am at level 24 and on the last mission with scrub armor. 

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy
    @Pathogenocide: Armor customization is the ability to change its colors, patterns, swap on a helmet or not and that's about it. I actually think it works really well. As you can make it look like you have lots of different armor while it really is only the one. Since its all upgraded through research, there really isn't any other armor you *find*. You just update what you have and change the look of it.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Pathogenocide: 

The armours in this game make a lot more sense than the let's play dress ups armour selection in Mass Effect 1.  You have a research team behind you who can rebuild you so why would you have to traipse about the galaxy looking for pretty clothes to protect yourself better? 

Mass Effect 1 was far too ingrained in classic RPG schema to make sense of the world it provided.  Mass Effect 2 is much more sensible with its fiction and upgrades.  The only exception is Resource Mining which doesn't make much sense considering you have an AI and huge resources behind you.  Still, I find it a nice diversion.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By withateethuh

Resource mining is more interesting than "defy the laws of physics by driving up ridiculously annoying mountains to find shit".

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Heh.  The Mako made no sense at all.  It's as if Councillor Udina had signed off on the contract to build it as his pet project.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By maxszy
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " Heh.  The Mako made no sense at all.  It's as if Councillor Udina had signed off on the contract to build it as his pet project. "
    Hahaha. Oh that made my laugh. Good one. I can't stand Udina.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

...am I the only one that misses the ME1 version of Armor and equiping?  It would be cool if they mixed both systems for ME3.

Pathogenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Pathogenocide

No I meant that there aren't that many pieces to purchase from the cities around the galaxy like the Citadel or Omega.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By project343
    @KaosAngel: Accessibility's a bitch. But honestly, I find the 'schematic' approach to be much more appealing. I don't entirely remember how stats worked in Mass Effect 1, but removing armor from the equation makes things far more manageable. It's a sophisticated third-person shooter with RPG elements--a more accessible approach. BioWare makes more money this way, so support it. :P
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By withateethuh

I spend more time making different style combos on the armor than I did in the first one picking armor out.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handlas

where are you guys getting armor at all?  I can't find any...

I got some new shoulder pieces but I don't even know how I got them.  That's the only thing new I have.  I like how you get alternate clothes for your teammates when they become loyal to you, tho.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, fuck the resource mining.  Everything else about the game is amazing (I got it Wednesday and I've played it 30 hours).  But fuck the fucking resource mining.  Nothing I've ever done in a video game bores me more than that, maybe it's just the fact that the game is so fucking awesome that when I have to stop doing cool shit to tediously scan a planet for minerals to upgrade stuff.  The only other complaint I have is I wish there were a bit more weapons in the game.  But just to make this clear, I fucking love this game so very much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is faaaantastic, but I find it hard to really consider it an RPG. I see it more as a 3rd-person shooter with fantastic character interaction.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By withateethuh

Its A HYBRID

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

The main thing about the armor in ME2 is that you resaerch and upgrade them, instead of finding new ones. 

@Khann said:

" The game is faaaantastic, but I find it hard to really consider it an RPG. I see it more as a 3rd-person shooter with fantastic character interaction. "
    I think the character interaction, story, vast upgrade system and customization is what makes this game an RPG. The only thing I really see as being less RPG-ish than the first game is how stats are handled, but I don't think stats alone are what make an RPG. I actually really like this system of stat upgrading.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @xobballox said:
    " Dude, fuck the resource mining.  Everything else about the game is amazing (I got it Wednesday and I've played it 30 hours).  But fuck the fucking resource mining.  Nothing I've ever done in a video game bores me more than that, maybe it's just the fact that the game is so fucking awesome that when I have to stop doing cool shit to tediously scan a planet for minerals to upgrade stuff.  The only other complaint I have is I wish there were a bit more weapons in the game.  But just to make this clear, I fucking love this game so very much. "
    I second this. I am enjoying everything about the game so far except the resource mining. It's tedious and aggressively boring. I bought the upgrade as soon as I could, but it's still not fast enough!

Yeah sure, the RPG mechanics have been watered down, but because they have been ME2 is a much better game as a result. The first game's attempt at being a hybrid was no doubt a large cause of all the jankiness present. People who complain should probably be shot.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By carlthenimrod

I prefer the armor the way it is because I like the default look so much. There were some pretty fugly sets in the previous game.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Jams

If Cerberus can afford to fucking put you back together, you think they'd buy you all the shit you need too. (not having finished the game and not know if there are any twists that is).

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " I prefer the armor the way it is because I like the default look so much. There were some pretty fugly sets in the previous game. "
    Seriously, some of the armor in the first game is just stupid looking.
    ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By ErgoProxy77
    @withateethuh said:
    " Resource mining is more interesting than "defy the laws of physics by driving up ridiculously annoying mountains to find shit". "
    You speak the truth!
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By essaregee

I think there are like 5 sets of chests and 5 sets of everything really to find. 
    They are avalible at stores. I wish there were more armor customization parts to find though. 
    That and weapons. I am having a hard time to find new sniper rifles. I only have my Incissor (or whatever the preorder code was) and my regular vanilla Mantis.

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DTKT
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "I prefer the armor the way it is because I like the default look so much. There were some pretty fugly sets in the previous game. "

Pretty much. 

The default N7 armor looks pretty good and you can change a bunch of stuff on it. 

Does anyone know where you can find the armor worn by the Blue Suns mercs? Looks pretty great.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By SteamPunkJin

In some ways  I miss the old gear system from ME1, being able to set guns, gun mods, armor and armor mods felt more in control, even if the best parts were rarer than shit (never got a Kenetic Stabilizer over Mark VII even on my LV60 Shepard).

They've got some weird Pre-Reqs for the upgrade system so even if you've got the material you can't always make something work.
    That being said I do really appreciate some of new features like the bonus power system and respec options.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.