Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Packages for Ish Assignment (Glitch?)

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

There is a quest on Omega where a Salarian named Ish asks you to retrieve a couple datapads for him.  One of them is on the Citadel the other on Illium.  I obtained both packages and returned to Ish.  The datapads contain some information about Aria, making it clear that Ish intends to assist in overthrowing her.  When you confront Ish and ask him what his intentions are he will not tell you, but with you are high enough paragon you can get it out of him.  He was being paid to obtain these datapads for a mysterious third party.  You can then warn him he is getting in over his head and he'll change his mind and thank you. 

Quest complete, right?  No.  In my Journal the assignment remains active, if I highlight it reads "Omega: Packages for Ish: Both packages have been delivered, and Ish has offered his thanks."  If you open that entry it reads, "Deliver Package: Deliver the package to Ish in the markets of Omega."  

Not a big problem, but it is going to annoy my pants off having that mission active for the rest of eternity.  I just thought I'd warn people it might be best to just give him the packages.  Although I suspect this might have long term consequences in Mass Effect 3.
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Sarumarine

Yeah, I had the same problem happen to me. I shook him down for the truth, told him to get lost and the mission is still active. It's kind of annoying but it's not a big deal. I still got exp and other stuff for dealing with Ish, but the quest thing won't go away.

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MushroomSamba

Yep, I have the same issue. It's been a nagging nuisance all throughout the game, just sitting their in my journal, mocking me. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to this sorta stuff...

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Novyx

Yep. I figured it as a glitch. Not a big deal. I suspect it's because I got both datapads, as I did see an update telling me to return after getting just the first one.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EvilTwin

If you give him the packages I'm pretty sure you get renegade points though.  That's what happened to me I believe.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By L33tfella_H

i did the exact same thing and the quest never properly finished.

:<

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The easiest way to solve this glitch to to reload and have him killed instead.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6091fd83bf847
    deactivated-6091fd83bf847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here.  There's also another minor glitch I encountered.  For the Javelin Missile mission, the one where you have to choose which target to save, my journal says I made the opposite decision of the one I actually chose.  The mission summary did accurately reflect the choice I made, so I'm hoping it's just the journal that's wrong.

NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NationalKid

Yeah, it bugs if u try to report to Ish. But I loaded a few times and discovered how to complete the mission without bug. U just have 2 alert Anto about Ish's plans. U dont gain the same amount of money, but u complete the mission.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Andorski

I also had that glitch in my first playthrough.  I chose the paragon option and the mission never completed.

@NationalKid said:

" Yeah, it bugs if u try to report to Ish. But I loaded a few times and discovered how to complete the mission without bug. U just have 2 alert Anto about Ish's plans. U dont gain the same amount of money, but u complete the mission. "

Sweet.  I'll do this on my second playthrough.
    ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ElCapitan

There's always at least one Bioware quest like this.

NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NationalKid
    @el33tcapitan said:
    " There's always at least one Bioware quest like this. "
    Yeah, and KOTOR II has at least one quest that has NOT a bug.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Darkstar614

I didn't get this glitch myself, but another option for the quest is to take the Datapads to the people who own them and warn them of Ish's plan. Maybe that's what the quest is expecting you to do? I think you get paragon points out of it. I know one of these guys is one of Aria's guards at the stairs.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Ravenousrattler

also kill the pyjacks for the merchant on tuchanka quest glitched like this

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Novyx
    @NationalKid:
    Not sure what your comment was about. KotOR II was made by Obsidian, and rushed to launch for publishing reasons.
    NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NationalKid
    @Darkstar614 said:
    " I didn't get this glitch myself, but another option for the quest is to take the Datapads to the people who own them and warn them of Ish's plan. Maybe that's what the quest is expecting you to do? I think you get paragon points out of it. I know one of these guys is one of Aria's guards at the stairs. "
    That's exatly what i said, pal. Ando is the Aria`s guard u have to talk with.

@Novyx said:
    " @NationalKid:Not sure what your comment was about. KotOR II was made by Obsidian, and rushed to launch for publishing reasons. "
    Just saying cause they are alike, pal. Didnt say KOTOR II was made by Bioware.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking
    @Darkstar614 said:
    "I didn't get this glitch myself, but another option for the quest is to take the Datapads to the people who own them and warn them of Ish's plan. Maybe that's what the quest is expecting you to do? I think you get paragon points out of it. I know one of these guys is one of Aria's guards at the stairs. "
    I am going to try this.  I am really hoping it works... I tried talking to Aria about it because I assumed she'd be who I'd give those to but she didn't have any dialogue options about it.  As I can't view those datapad entries now do you have any idea who the other person might be?  I know the guard you're speaking of.

@MushroomSamba
    said:
    "Yep, I have the same issue. It's been a nagging nuisance all throughout the game, just sitting their in my journal, mocking me. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to this sorta stuff... "

I am totally with you.  I wouldn't have posted this if it didn't bother me so much.  I'm done with that character but even still it bothers me knowing that save isn't "complete".
    NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NationalKid
    @HatKing said: 
    I am going to try this.  I am really hoping it works... I tried talking to Aria about it because I assumed she'd be who I'd give those to but she didn't have any dialogue options about it.  As I can't view those datapad entries now do you have any idea who the other person might be?  I know the guard you're speaking of.

You just hav 2 speak with her Batarian guard called Ando. He`s at the right stairs close to Aria.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking
    @NationalKid:
    Okay cool thanks.  I'm going to try this tonight.
    NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NationalKid
    @HatKing:  Np, pal. GL HF.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Rio

I got the reward for finishing the quest and there is no achievements for all of the quests so I am ok with it.  It bothered me a little at first but I got over it.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Regal

Just got  the same thing for myself, just checking to see that there isn't something else I could do. If this has any bearing on Mass Effect 3 it's alright since Bioware is probably aware of this by now, since at least half of the people playing the game gets this. 

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @MushroomSamba said:
    " Yep, I have the same issue. It's been a nagging nuisance all throughout the game, just sitting their in my journal, mocking me. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to this sorta stuff... "
    this. One of the things that annoyed me the most about this otherwise fantastic game.
    jaelk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jaelk
    @NationalKid: Neither of those worked properly.
    vedicardi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vedicardi
    @TheSmilingDude said:
    " I missed this quest, but I'm going to pick it up in my PC playthrough. Has anyone tried telling Aria or any of her lackeys about this? "
    You can't
    NationalKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NationalKid
    @jaelk: 
    U have 2 show the datapads 2 Ando BEFORE you speak with Ish the 2nd time. If u already gave them 2 Ish, the quest will be marked as incomplete and that's nothing u can do about it.  I'm doing my 2nd playthrough and it worked just fine with me.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

It has happened to me no matter what I do with him. On the first playthrough, I didn't give it to him. Second playthrough, I did and it is still glitched. Oh well! 

Fake edit: Ahh I see, give it to Anto. Hopefully it is something they will patch, though it isn't a big deal now that I am done with everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.