Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Planet thing behind the Illusive man (spoiler)

nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By nobull6

I just finished my third playthrough of ME2, and this time I played as a real asshole whereas the first two times I was positively angelic. After beating the game the first two times, the roiling planetoid thing behind the Illusive Man turned the white/blue color and I assumed that's just how it is. This time, with my asshole character, the planetoid turned red. I wonder if that's related to paragon/renegade, or the fact that the angel destroyed the human reaper and the asshole decided to keep it.  

It's also kind of interesting how the object is sort of fighting with itself between blue and red during the game and then settles into one after it's over.

Curious to see how this impacts ME3! What are the theories as to what that thing is or means? I searched on here but didn't see anything.

jeffk38uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By jeffk38uk

I suspect it's nothing more than cosmetic choices based on your decisions and moral meter given the colours as you mentioned do reflect the two sides of the bar. Blue white for paragon and red for renegade as an ultimate visual accomplishment of where you stand. 

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Garrus

I always wondered whether he had that because he was interested in the star that Tali was investigating, supposedly it's growing larger than normal etc. Think Cerberus would be interested in that in general, a dying star.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By sandweed

If you read the comic you'd know that it's not a real star.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain
    @nobull6 said:
    " I wonder if that's related to paragon/renegade, or the fact that the angel destroyed the human reaper and the asshole decided to keep it. "
    I'd assume it's because of paragon/renegade, since the first game had that at the end as well.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain

It's an Egg! And will hatch in ME3 and will turn out to be either good or evil depending on your actions in ME2. 

Oh god if this actually happens I might kill myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's based on the end decision you make.  I played a paragon all the way through, but made the renegade choice at the end and got a red star.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By darkknightbob

I suspect if it has ANY significance to the actual game world of mass-effect it will probably be an object that allows for mass effect travel of somekind. 

That's all I assumed it was when I played it. 

Either that or the elusive man is obviously working for the reapers in some form. But then miranda having actually been in the same room would suggest she actualy knows something about what it is. 

Anywayz I spent more time just gawping at mirandas tight butt.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

It's not real, but it's just a big holograph of a dying star. 

I find that scene (my avatar) extremely powerful. The Illusive Man, a man being kept alive by cybernetics and tech, fighting for his and his own species survival... spends all day staring at something which so closely resembles himself. Smoking and drinking away.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bibledoctor
    @Brodehouse said:

" It's based on the end decision you make.  I played a paragon all the way through, but made the renegade choice at the end and got a red star. "

I can attest this. You can play renegade/paragon the whole game and still get a different color based on your final decision of the game.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sanryd
    @sandweed said:
    " If you read the comic you'd know that it's not a real star. "
    Care to elaborate for those of us who haven't read it?
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Demyx

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.