Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Question about Mining and N7 missions.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knave

Is it okay if i deplete all of the planets at an early stage of the game? I've only recruited 2 members so far, and one of them was a DLC character. Now i want to deplete all of the planets in every system that are available to me. I don't really find it that boring, but that has to be because of the patch that fixed mining. Basically, is it okay if i depleted all the planets this far in the game? 
    Also, about the N7 missions. I've only encountered 2 so far, and i was wondering if that's because i would unlock more as i progress through the main story. If that were true, then as i do main story missions, i would have to go back to the planets that i depleted, and check if there's an anomaly. Does it work that way, or can i discover all of them if i were to just scan all the planets right now? 

Hopefully you understand what i'm asking. Thanks!

Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pumpe

If you find an anomaly and dont land (IE do the mission) you can return at a later point to do the mission.

I must ask: Why would you want to deplete all planets?

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Knave

I don't really know, but i don't want to rush the game. 

Can i find all the anomalies early on in the game though, or do some of them become unlocked as i progress with main story?

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By easthill

You will end up wasting some money you could possible need later. There are plenty of minerals - more than you'll ever need. Money - not so much.

Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pumpe
    @Knave: 
    Some of them are in systems that arent unlocked from the start, but theres a few in the starting systems (cant remember an exact number).

Dont worry about rushing the game (hell, read codex entries if you want to pad it out a bit, hehe). And what Easthill said, probing THAT much will leave a dent in your cash.
    Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Knave

Alright, thanks for the replies.

SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SoftCoreDave

You can do what ever you want, beauty of an RPG. Can I just say though, you crazy!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Tylea002

There is only one very specific point late game where doing extra stuff effects something, but you'll know it when you see it. Do what you wish, without consequence! Except...money is more important than minerals in the long run.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think I waited to do the N7 stuff until after I'd finished the main quest. You'll have hit the level cap by the end of the main quest anyhow, so there's no need to worry about the N7 stuff in its totality right now.  

Plus, if I remember right, some of that N7 junk is a real bitch to complete. There's one where you fight, like, three Heavy Mechs at once or something. I mean, a real bitch. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.