Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Second Playthrough story carryover.

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dantheman1515

So, Im slowly getting back to ME2 after my initial playthrough due to major setbacks caused by school and other games, and Im playing on Insanity using my Soldier from playthrough 1 that I imported from the first game. Now insanity is hard. Ive beaten Gears on Insane and MW2 on Veteran with only mild setbacks, but the mechs on Freedom's Progress almost led me to put down the controller.  

So Id rather just blow through the campaign as quick as possible, without doing loyalty quests because on insane the AI is useless anyways. The only setback is that Im fearful the choices and decisions made in my first playthrough wont carry over to ME3. Rather the 2nd playthroughs decisions will. I really don't want to lose the character Ive developed from the beginning of ME, so Ive been going through my 2nd with the same decisions, or the same as best I can remember. 

My question is... will my choices from my 1st playthrough carry over even if I finish my 2nd playthrough??? Will they both carry over??? PLease help guys. Thanks.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

If the import process from ME2 to ME3 works the same way as importing from ME1 to ME2, than you will have a choice to pick between your first playthrough or your second playthrough.

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By dantheman1515

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure how the import process had worked in that situation, for I had never had a second playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.