Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

So if I start a new game, I'll still be able to import my save?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

If I start a new game in ME2 with my original character, I'll still be able to import my first save/playthrough into ME3 right?  My new save game won't save over my old one? 
    Just wanted to make sure.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FartyMcNarly

That's how it worked with the first mass effect in mass effect 2, also because I can tell the future on a game still on the storyboard, yes you'll be able to do.

Da da do do mmm just dance!!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

It saves it under a separate "career," so you'll be safe so long as you don't delete the old saves manually.

I'd speculate that Mass Effect 3 might let you import a specific save file though, since the game allows you to continue after you've finished the main story, and tells you to go out and complete side-quests.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @AndrewB said:
    "  I'd speculate that Mass Effect 3 might let you import a specific save file though, since the game allows you to continue after you've finished the main story, and tells you to go out and complete side-quests. "
    I was a bit curious about this myself. I'm not tech-spert, so don't know how easy or difficult it would be to have that "Career" save file created upon finishing the main story, and then just add information on top of it after completing other individual assignments. If that was possible, I think that would be preferable; while I follow Endurance Run  "One Save" rules myself, I could also see some obsessive players creating save files whenever they could, so that if they mess something up, they could just jump back and instantly correct it later on. This would create a situation where, when they were importing into ME3, they'd have a huge list from which they'd have to sort out which was the PRECISE save file they would want ot use.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB
    @TheKidNixon: I've got a ton of save files, myself (some of them made on accident because "new save" is selected by default), but it's pretty easy just to choose the latest save file created when you're thinking about starting a new game +. The only difference between my "final save" and my latest save is one side quest and one bedroom encounter with Tali, but that one side-quest could be a pretty big thing if the outcome carries over to the next game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.