Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Some guy got the game early *SPOILERS*

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

So a dude on Youtube who i have been subscribed to for a while now got Mass effect 2 early through a friend who works at a gamestop . he is recording his play through and posting it on Youtube . Now if you want to see the video i will link the video fro you . But i won't post it seeming as some people like to wait before they play games . 

I might watch the first couple of videos to wet my appetite for mass effect but i don't want to watch the whole thing . 

The UK does not get the game until the 29th :(
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

Actually scratch that ill wait until it comes out :)

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

Watched about 30 seconds and I had to stop. Definitely do not want to spoil this game for myself.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

I cannot watch this video.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @turbomonkey138: Dude, Why even give this guy the exposure? 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Mordukai said:

" @turbomonkey138: Dude, Why even give this guy the exposure?  "

Maybe some people want to see what the game is about before buying it . Is not like im telling you to watch it . I didn't embed the video and i put enough Spoiler warnings so that no body who wants to have the game spoilt will . Also i like that user on youtube . He provides some good content
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @turbomonkey138: I never understood that excuse. I am not blaming you. I am blaming the people the people that do that sort of thing. If someone is unsure about this game then they can just go and rent it. Besides, there a lot of gaming web sites that have more then enough info on what Mass Effect is all about. It's like this latest tread of gaming web sites doing a live run of an upcoming game. Fuck how I hate that. I hope that trend dies. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
    @Mordukai said:
    " @turbomonkey138: I never understood that excuse. I am not blaming you. I am blaming the people the people that do that sort of thing. If someone is unsure about this game then they can just go and rent it. Besides, there a lot of gaming web sites that have more then enough info on what Mass Effect is all about. It's like this latest tread of gaming web sites doing a live run of an upcoming game. Fuck how I hate that. I hope that trend dies.  "
    Why does it matter if someone streams live?
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

I am not going to see the video. Good intentions though, but i have it coming the 26th.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Mordukai said:
    " @turbomonkey138: I never understood that excuse. I am not blaming you. I am blaming the people the people that do that sort of thing. If someone is unsure about this game then they can just go and rent it. Besides, there a lot of gaming web sites that have more then enough info on what Mass Effect is all about. It's like this latest tread of gaming web sites doing a live run of an upcoming game. Fuck how I hate that. I hope that trend dies.  "
    Sorry :(
    Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Cazamalos

i saw the iso on the "news" in btjunkie so probably there are 10000 people playing ME2 already, but why the F i will want to see someone spoiling me a fine story?0o

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lukaz

Getting it from a friend who works at Gamestop? Yeah right! I've got a good friend who is a 360/game pirate (ARR?) and he told me that ME2 downloads were released yesterday on some torrent site or what ever he uses. He's been teasing the shit out of me because I won't get it until next week. I don't think it's a coincidence that the download's release and his videos going up are within this small time frame. 

I'm not going to watch it cuz I've already learned too much about the game and I want to be surprised when I experience it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai
    @CL60: It's on the same level as watching someone watching a movie. I don't know about you but I for one think it's extremely boring watching someone else play a video game. It also ruins the experience for you. Then again it's not like it's something stiffed down our throats and people do have a choice whether to lick the link or now but it still gets to me when people pull that sort of crap. At least turbomonkey put the under a spoiler warning. Another person would have just embed the vid.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I had to force myself away from a live stream in order to prevent any further spoilers.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
    @turbomonkey138:  DON'T take it personally. My grief is not with you mate. My problem is with the person that made the vid. You had the decency to put the link under a spoiler warning. 
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Must....not....watch.....ARGHHHHH
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turbomonkey. You must repent for your sin of posting this video. Or else you will never be good enough to perfect Guile. That I promise you.

axman36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By axman36

Ah yes, many stores got this game early and seem to be selling it before they should. Of course employees of Gamestop are playing it before they're supposed to be selling it, so someone playing before release is no surprise due to this.

Sadly being on the internet as much as I am, I've already spoiled WAAAYYY too much from seeing just a few sentences.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " Turbomonkey. You must repent for your sin of posting this video. Or else you will never be good enough to perfect Guile. That I promise you. "
    Shit ..
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Mrnitropb

too much pressure!

NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NegativeCreep

Ok....I managed to stop at the Normandy.

This game is going to be BADASS.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By c1337us

I am strangely unconcerned about potential spoilers for this game. However, I am still not interested in some other dude playing this game. Its not that long until it hits shelves. I can wait, and until then I will continue to play Darksiders.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By demontium
    @axman36 said:
    " Ah yes, many stores got this game early and seem to be selling it before they should. Of course employees of Gamestop are playing it before they're supposed to be selling it, so someone playing before release is no surprise due to this.   Sadly being on the internet as much as I am, I've already spoiled WAAAYYY too much from seeing just a few sentences. "
    DONT GO ON THE SPOILER TOPICS... FOOL!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.