Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Warning! Don't use the cerb code at bioware's social site! {PC}

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By essaregee

Okay, so here is my story: 

I picked up my CE ME2 today, opened it up and decided to redeem the Cerb network code. I navigated to the BioWare official site (http://social.bioware.com/redeem_code.php) to redeem the Cerb Code and I typed it in. Instead of getting the Cerb Network activated, i got a Collector's edition armor and weapon. I then tried to redeem the CE weapon and armor, and got the armor and weapon again. 
    I then turned on the game, and got the EA login screen. I logged in using the EA account that was associated with the bioware account that I redeemed the code on. Then it asked me to type my cerb network code in. I did, and then I got a message telling me the code was already in use.  
    BioWare's stite tells the same story. "Code has been redeemed and cannot be redeemed again". 

They have a whole thread (6 pages last i read) going on about this at the forums ( http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/107/index/772606/3 ). Stupid BioWare and EA. 
    Anyhow, has anyone else had luck with the PC version?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

Hmmm... I hope they do something about that. Maybe if the problem is so widespread, they won't just ignore it.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By essaregee

I am waiting in the chat que to talk to a CSR, I will post a conversation script once I am done. 
    AFAIK (personal opinion), you should only redeem the code in-game and not online.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By essaregee

OMFG.... EA are complete loosers.  
    After waiting 30+min in line for CSR chat, i was informed that "there are no CSR agents available. WTF.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Thanks for the heads up. Waiting for my copy (DELAYED IN EUROPE FOR NO REASON YAY), and will activate it in-game instead then. They had the same issues with Dragon Age regarding their superidiotic DLC system.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By essaregee

I hope this get's resolved. I have another Cerb network code handy (from EBgames, I told them my problems) and they gave me a new code) But I don't want to use it yet.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By essaregee

has anyone had luck redeeming the code on the PC? 

UPDATE: After 4 hours on the phone, problem resolved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.