Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Which mass effect 2 dlc is best?

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xnoxiousx

Kasumi or overlord?

Im going do my final play through on my 360 on hardest difficulty.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I recently played Overlord and didn't like it so much myself. Not as much ''story'' as I was hoping and the fact that your party members don't comment at all through the mission takes alot of the immersion of actually being apart of a team. I haven't played the Kasumi DLC though I'd wager I'd of preferred that knowing the mission being all James Bond Esque. Plus a sweet new submachine gun!...Oh right annd a new party member who you can't have deep conversations with.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

Kasumi adds a useful character, while Overlord is a neat adventure that doesn't really add anything after. If I had to choose one, go with Katsumi. Oh and tip for the Insanity play-through, start a new game at level 1 (you can re-import your character and get the bonus for finishing the game). It is much easier since the enemies level with you. Also, go and recruit Mordin as fast as you can, since upgrades will be the thing that gives you the edge in combat.

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xnoxiousx
    @Abyssfull said:
    " I recently played Overlord and didn't like it so much myself. Not as much ''story'' as I was hoping and the fact that your party members don't comment at all through the mission takes alot of the immersion of actually being apart of a team. I haven't played the Kasumi DLC though I'd wager I'd of preferred that knowing the mission being all James Bond Esque. Plus a sweet new submachine gun!...Oh right annd a new party member who you can't have deep conversations with. "
    Would kasumi not be best is she fully voiced and will talk through game or is she like the one dlc guy free he won't even talk if you go to his area in ship?
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

If your going through an entire playthrough go for the Kasumi DLC seeing she has some sweet powers you can use.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @xnoxiousx:  
    Yeah she's the exact same design as Zaeed. She'll have a great loyalty mission but once she's on board the Normandy you can only listen to her prattle on about her past experiences.
    xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xnoxiousx
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " Kasumi adds a useful character, while Overlord is a neat adventure that doesn't really add anything after. If I had to choose one, go with Katsumi. Oh and tip for the Insanity play-through, start a new game at level 1 (you can re-import your character and get the bonus for finishing the game). It is much easier since the enemies level with you. Also, go and recruit Mordin as fast as you can, since upgrades will be the thing that gives you the edge in combat. "
    Im confused.......

Do you want me to import or start lvl 1 or do you do that when importing start lvl 1?
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chris2KLee

Import your ME1 save again (if you have one) or just start a new game at level 1. It's possible to import a higher level character, but trust me it is WAY harder.

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xnoxiousx
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " Import your ME1 save again (if you have one) or just start a new game at level 1. It's possible to import a higher level character, but trust me it is WAY harder. "
    I think i need start new game at lvl 1 i lost my save from what i played first off since i got new 360 and i did not import all my old saves.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @xnoxiousx said:
    " @Chris2KLee said:
    " Import your ME1 save again (if you have one) or just start a new game at level 1. It's possible to import a higher level character, but trust me it is WAY harder. "
    I think i need start new game at lvl 1 i lost my save from what i played first off since i got new 360 and i did not import all my old saves. "
    You should receive bonus cash for completing ME2 once, so that will help. Us that money on upgrades as quick as you can, and also Miranda is a good choice because she boosts team damage as part of her unique class skill. What class are you going to use? I highly recommend soldier, but sentinel and infiltrator are also good choices.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Dark_Jon

Kasumi's is the best.

xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xnoxiousx
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " @xnoxiousx said:
    " @Chris2KLee said:
    I think i need start new game at lvl 1 i lost my save from what i played first off since i got new 360 and i did not import all my old saves. "
    You should receive bonus cash for completing ME2 once, so that will help. Us that money on upgrades as quick as you can, and also Miranda is a good choice because she boosts team damage as part of her unique class skill. What class are you going to use? I highly recommend soldier, but sentinel and infiltrator are also good choices. "
    Well i need one 2 more achievements one for insanity and other for using warp and taking down barriers of enemies

Is there a good class to use that can learn that warp ability right away at start of game?
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @xnoxiousx said:
    "Well i need one 2 more achievements one for insanity and other for using warp and taking down barriers of enemies  Is there a good class to use that can learn that warp ability right away at start of game? "
    Anyone who uses warp counts, doesn't have to be your character. So take Miranda, and just when the barrier is about to go down, use her warp to finish it off. I should have noted this earlier, but set power use to manual, not auto. You want as much control over your teammates as possible. A lot of playing Insanity is about placement and patience, and proper use of squadmate's abilities.
    Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Garrus

Ok the Overlord DLC is fun but it's not brilliantly worked on like a normal mission, no commentary from squad, a few tasks seem a little pointless.  But still quite fun and it makes better use of the Hammerhead Tank than the Firewalker Pack.

Kasumi on the other hand, gives you a new squad mate, crappy dialogue tree but a really fun loyalty mission and maybe a laughable entrance into the Normandy. Kasumi is worth getting over Overlord.

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By ahab88

I really enjoyed both. Kasumi seems to be well discussed here, so I'll give a little feedback on Overlord. It's very action heavy as well as extensive use of the Hammerhead like in the Firewalker pack. While the story may seem like just a reason to get from point A to point B, it has a fabulous payoff with a final image that will stick with you. Overall, the tone is similar to Jack's loyalty mission.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By dagas

Kasumi was more fun, plus the new dress you get is hot ^^ (If you play a female Shepard) Both are good though, especially compared to the crappy ME1 DLC or most of the Dragon Age DLC.

silverphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silverphoenix

Kasumi is the best teammate i've encountered in any game period.  i also love the dress she gives shepard. ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.