Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Worried about Mass Effect 2 text

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ClownDetective

I ordered ME2 but after looking around I noticed a few people complainign that the text size is even smaller and harder to read on sdtvs than the first. I played the first on my 17" SD without too many problems though it was tough, but this sounds like it might be impossible. Anyone else playing it on an sdtv and having problems? I might just sell it on ebay and pick up something else if it sounds too bad.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Yeah, it's small. I have good eyesight so I can manage most of the time, though.

The codex/description stuff is definitely worse than ME1, as are the various popups that occur when you get credits, heavy weapon ammo, etc.

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ClownDetective
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " Yeah, it's small. I have good eyesight so I can manage most of the time, though.  The codex/description stuff is definitely worse than ME1, as are the various popups that occur when you get credits, heavy weapon ammo, etc. "
    I can ignore most of that, I didn't read most of the descriptions in ME1 either because it was too much of  a hassle. Just so long as I can manage the dialogue text and the important bits.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

If you've played Dead Rising on an SDTV, it is a bit more tolerable than that.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatking

Subtitles are off be default because all dialogue is spoken... so really the text for that isn't a big deal.   

I remember playing Dead Rising on my old SDTV and it was borderline impossible.  Luckily I'm on a HDTV now so it is a non-issue.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Milkman

Text really doesn't matter unless you REALLY want to read the codex and even then, the major codex articles are voiced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.