Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Did anyone else miss? (Demo spoilers!)

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

What the dying Cerberus dude said at the end? I was tryin to hear and just got a load of coughing noises! Shepard asks about why they were there, then the guy coughs and the music cue hits so I thought 'oh....that was probably something' haha!!

trlbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By trlbaron

He said, "The Illusive Man is a Collector."

[But not really. It's a good hook, though, to make one want to play the full version.]

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Naw...he just gurgles a bit and dies pretty sure.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

He just said "We" and coughed blood. I suspect he was going to say something along the lines of "We work for the Reapers"

Which I want an explanation for, after all the shit we went through in ME2 they go ahead and betray humanity? Wtf, is the Illusive Man just indoctrinated or something?

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Venatio said:

Wtf, is the Illusive Man just indoctrinated or something?

To be fair, people have been tossing that idea around since ME2 based on his eyes.

Not to mention Cerberus has Reaper Tech dating all the back to ME1 (at least one of their facilities you shut down is making Husks)

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

@SteamPunkJin said:

@Venatio said:

Wtf, is the Illusive Man just indoctrinated or something?

To be fair, people have been tossing that idea around since ME2 based on his eyes.

Not to mention Cerberus has Reaper Tech dating all the back to ME1 (at least one of their facilities you shut down is making Husks)

But those facilites were for research and the study of Reapers

And the eyes are just some cybernetic enhancements, I think they're just there to make him look cooler in the game

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Venatio said:

Research and study yes, but simply being around a piece or a Reaper or a Reaper Artifact (Object Rho in Arrival) is enough to start the indoctrination process.

As for the eyes: Saren

Anyway, it's just one idea on why Cerberus is against Shep this time around - it makes just enough sense that they're pissed off a for the end of ME2, even with the Renegade options you do just take off with his ship and his crew. Maybe he's regrets telling Miranda not to implant a control device.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Ah I'm glad it wasnt meant to be some really obvious piece of dialogue! I just thought it was funny because of the music cue!! Sweet demo though, I'm diving head first back into ME2 to pass the time!! :D

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By AngelN7

I do infact think that Cerberus or at least the Illuside Mas has being indoctrinated , think about it they held that "Reaper Tech" from the Collectors base at the end of 2 for research maybe things got out of control like with object Rho (given that they choose that ending branch to use as default for the demo), it makes sense that they are now brainwashed just like Saren was , that soilder maybe was trying to fight the control just like Saren did at the end of Mass Effect before he died , there are a lot of things we don't know and it makes sense it's a demo I saw some people complaning that they didn't know what was going on but it makes sense, they tried to pick pieces of the game that did not spoil too much and the Shepard situation was explained in the Arrival DLC, I thought the demo was awesome and I can't be more excited to play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.